Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What to do if handicapped pc?

Creator: Kirluu November 18, 2012 2:38am
1 2
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 2:38am | Report
Hai there.

I currently am only accessible on my laptop. My laptop sucks, and is only for schoolwork.
Over-excessive use has made it incapable of playing videos, so I can't go to youtube nor watch any series. I have gone through all the funny posts on websites like reddit, etc.

What can I possibly do, to keep me entertained, other than spamming every MOBAFire forum?

:<
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 3:45am | Report
Play some "simple" indie games :)

The Swedish developer Konjak has made a few very impressive retro-style games and while I haven't played through all of them myself, the ones I've played have been ton of fun.
http://konjak.org/index.php?folder=4&file=11

You could also get your hands on the latest Humble Indie Bundle. Those games can run on an Android phone, so they should run fine on most PCs.
http://www.humblebundle.com/
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 4:51am | Report
I didn't understand.. Are you handicapped and your pc sucks or is it your pc that's handicapped? If it's the latter then I suggest getting a part time job for 1 or 2 months and then buying a proper laptop.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 5:24am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 6:03am | Report
he can't watch videos...
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 9:48am | Report
Why can't you watch videos? o_O

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 10:03am | Report
@Wrath: Because my school laptop is completely ********'d. Excuse the expression.

When I have used it in school, I always click the power-button when I leave it, meaning that it begins to slumber. When I leave school for good, it also still just slumbers. Therefore it is super rarely actually turned off, and that has gradually killed the computer's ability to do anything graphical. I can use Word and Excel, and stuff, but videos will freeze so that I see a new frame every 10 seconds, and internet ads lag.
Sometimes it hasn't been turned off for two weeks or so. I only turn it completely off, when it starts threatening with "Closing in ..." stuff, and I have to postpone the restart. o.o
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 1:29pm | Report
Download your laptop's hardware maintenance manual, look up how to get access to the heatsink and fan. Buy a bottle/can of compressed air. Open up your laptop to the heatsink and fan assembly, and clean all the dust out of it. Then reformat the hard drive and reinstall your OS. It should work better after that.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 4:23pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

he can't watch videos...

Pictures.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 5:14pm | Report