Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

Why You Should Boycott Mass Effect 3

Creator: caucheka February 24, 2012 2:32am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Posts:
1192
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 4:05pm | Report
I just think ME3 is going to be bad. I really don't want it to be, but I think that it is. And the full script has been leaked since last June or so, and the DLC character had major plot points involved. He wasn't initially going to be DLC. They just decided "Eh, let's charge $10 more because this game is going to be awesome."

I with Winter on this one. I have played a sparse few EA games over the years, but I think I'm done with the company on the whole. If EA's name is on it, I'm not getting it. Lesson learned. :/

Meh. I've been pretty lukewarm towards BioWare, and I only hear about them because my friends constantly espouse the glories of the writing at that company. They haven't been harping on it recently, though.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8290
Joined:
May 18th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 4:20pm | Report
Quoted:
Making a game more mainstream isn't bad...

uhm. yes, yes it is. mass effect 1 can be called an rpg. but that was slashed and me2 became a tps because mainstream gamers can't be bothered with rpg elements.


just look at dragon age 2, that was a steaming pile of **** because they threw out everything that made the first one good so they could make an rpg that the mainstream gamers would enjoy. but guess who the ones buying it were? the gamers who liked the first one, who became pissed that bioware would betray them in the name of more money from casualizing.

making a game more mainstream is evil, because you are saying that your previous fan base wasnt good enough for you and you want more people to buy and play the game. you don't do that from casualization and giant mass market advertising, you get more people to play your game by making a good game.


i know i've posted this before, but everyone should know the difference. the blue line is a game that had little ad coverage, but was fun and enjoyable. word got out about it and as time went on for several weeks they made more and more sales, because indeed it was a good game. the red line is a game that had a ton of marketing coverage, netting it just barely more sales than the first. but the game was terrible, and word of mouth passed quickly and most people who bought the first one did not end up getting the second.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8064
Joined:
Jun 24th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 4:45pm | Report
Mass Effect 2 was still good though. In my opinion anyway. All they really need to do is have good quality writing and characters in ME3 and oh**** god it's going to suck.

Oh, and about the whole gay thing, that's not really the issue at all. The issue is how the characters all throw themselves at you like ****s and your only options are usually 'yes let's **** right now' or 'no I don't like you'. It's generally the same with female romance options and it's obnoxious and unrealistic.

Beeswarm17 wrote:

just think ME3 is going to be bad. I really don't want it to be, but I think that it is. And the full script has been leaked since last June or so, and the DLC character had major plot points involved. He wasn't initially going to be DLC. They just decided "Eh, let's charge $10 more because this game is going to be awesome."


Apparantly the character is going to appear in and influence the game regardless of whether you have the DLC, he just won't join your team and you won't get to do his mission(s). Not sure on this but I've heard several people saying it.
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2191
Joined:
May 7th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 5:29pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Mass Effect 2 was still good though. In my opinion anyway. All they really need to do is have good quality writing and characters in ME3 and oh**** god it's going to suck.
[...]

This is true. ME2 was a very very good game. Actually I finished it like 5 or 6 times.

Luther3000 wrote:

[...]
Oh, and about the whole gay thing, that's not really the issue at all. The issue is how the characters all throw themselves at you like ****s and your only options are usually 'yes let's **** right now' or 'no I don't like you'. It's generally the same with female romance options and it's obnoxious and unrealistic.


Yeah thats kinda boring.

Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Posts:
1192
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 10:00pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Apparantly the character is going to appear in and influence the game regardless of whether you have the DLC, he just won't join your team and you won't get to do his mission(s). Not sure on this but I've heard several people saying it.

Doesn't really change that fact that he's just sitting there, fully intended to be a playable character. They just decided, "Yeah, no. No 50000 year old Jamaican alien for you, no matter how plot critical he is".

But I guess that's better than "whoops, we decided we didn't want there to be plot."
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1779
Joined:
Apr 4th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 10:44pm | Report
All of y'all are worrying about Mass Effect 3.

Just buy SSX. :>
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10968
Joined:
Feb 8th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 11:07pm | Report
That series in general is great.
True love is found only in yourself.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 2:05am | Report
caucheka wrote:

mass effect 1 can be called an rpg. but that was slashed and me2 became a tps because mainstream gamers can't be bothered with rpg elements.

But ME1 was a bad RPG. ME2 at least had good combat and good RPG elements (the ones there is).

Luther3000 wrote:

Oh, and about the whole gay thing, that's not really the issue at all. The issue is how the characters all throw themselves at you like ****s and your only options are usually 'yes let's **** right now' or 'no I don't like you'. It's generally the same with female romance options and it's obnoxious and unrealistic.

Idd. It's a little like that. Not as bad as you make it sound tho :P
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 2:08am | Report
Xiron wrote:

ME2 was a very very good game.

Fix'd.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
9281
Joined:
Aug 10th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 8:23am | Report
I've decided I'm going to buy Cauchea a used copy of ME3 on release day and mail it to him.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide