Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Xbox One

Creator: Searz May 21, 2013 1:39pm
230 posts - page 21 of 23
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 3:42pm | Report
no big time publisher is going to go bankrupt like thq because no big time publisher cares about anything but money.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 4:07pm | Report
that makes absolutely no sense.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 4:09pm | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

that's why they're putting so many servers up now, over 300 I do believe is the number.

HAH. Nope.
I think it's pretty safe to assume that I know WAAAAAAAAAY more about computers than you do. I'm a real tech nerd.
And I just described the reason why offloading parts of games into the cloud isn't gonna work; because it's really ****ing inefficient.

You know that 'cloud computing' EA did with Sim City? Turns out it was all ********. The cracked offline version of the game ran exactly like the online version did.
ShiftyCake wrote:

I love earning achievements.
What's wrong with that? Are you seriously going to bag on about me daring to have a high interest in achievements.

Just a bit.

Achievements in and of themselves are not wrong, but it's gone waaay overboard in most games. Took a sip of tea? Have an achievement. Defeated a rat? Have three achievements!
Achievements are bad more often than not right now.
SkidmarkD wrote:

'The true purpose of any game'. How I lolled at that. The true purpose of any game, for a very long time now, is to get your name in the highscore list. And guess what, that's remarkably similar to an achievement.

That's a really stupid blanket statement..
Quoted:
Killing the 100 orcs isn't about that 15G.
It's about the exp, the rep and the contribution to the end rewards.
(and it also adds up to your total kills)

You're taking this example too far and making too many assumptions in the process.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 4:12pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I think it's pretty safe to assume that I know WAAAAAAAAAY more about computers than you do. I'm a real tech nerd.

so you know more about cloud computing than microsoft does? lol
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 6:05pm | Report

that makes absolutely no sense.

thq went bankrupt because they did things that lost the support of their investors. the investors only care about their money.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2013 3:08am | Report
Searz wrote:

HAH. Nope.
And I just described the reason why offloading parts of games into the cloud isn't gonna work; because it's really ****ing inefficient.

You know that 'cloud computing' EA did with Sim City? Turns out it was all ********. The cracked offline version of the game ran exactly like the online version did.

Just a bit.

Achievements in and of themselves are not wrong, but it's gone waaay overboard in most games. Took a sip of tea? Have an achievement. Defeated a rat? Have three achievements!
Achievements are bad more often than not right now.

That's a really stupid blanket statement..

You're taking this example too far and making too many assumptions in the process.

I didn't say I knew more then you, neither did I deny what you said. I stated that it was the reason they put over 300 servers up, I don't know how innefficient the system is. Maybe its a next step of cloud? Since they're using something like Cloud, it could be a better or more efficient version.
Who knows? We'll see whether or not it works, but I don't see how they're going to get away with an inefficient cloud system since they're attempting to rely on it for many games.
Maybe that's the reason they're saying yes to total offline? Because the cloud isn't working the way they thought it was going to? idk.

But yeah, I agree that there are some really stupid achievements these days. But at the same time, there are ones that I love.
Respect other people, you may not like achievements but I do. That means keep it to yourself, don't laugh at me because you have different interests.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2013 10:11am | Report
I don't think we have the same definition of cloud in our minds as microsoft has. People just go crazy when they hear the word "cloud". I mean, it's so cool and high-tech and solves everything. Except the problems. But it's not about solving problems and quality in the computer business anymore. It's about a logo on that cheap rubbishy plastic and about letting everyone know that you're wearing red underwear and that you're about to eat a sandwich with your friends, or to share a picture of yourself taken while facing the ****ing mirror.

TL;DR I think it's a cheap marketing trick, like telling people that the laptop supports usb 2.0.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2013 10:46am | Report
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqUuCXcFr0s&t=867

Xbox One demo machines where actually just high-end PC machines on E3. (with double or triple the power of what an actual Xbox One will have..)
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2013 4:44pm | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

I didn't say I knew more then you, neither did I deny what you said. I stated that it was the reason they put over 300 servers up

And I said that is not why they put them up.

It's obviously to reinforce their online service infrastructure in preparation for a move to more digital games. (I bet Steam has one or two servers up and running)
Quoted:
Maybe its a next step of cloud? Since they're using something like Cloud, it could be a better or more efficient version.

It's blatantly obvious that you know extremely little about computing technology by the way you're referring to 'the cloud' alone..

No, there is no cloud-aided gaming, it's all just PR ********.
Quoted:
Who knows? We'll see whether or not it works

I know.
I've already described how it would work and why it's stupid.
I guess you're not knowledgeable enough to understand what I wrote..
Quoted:
But yeah, I agree that there are some really stupid achievements these days. But at the same time, there are ones that I love.
Respect other people, you may not like achievements but I do. That means keep it to yourself, don't laugh at me because you have different interests.

Feel free to like them, but you'd be incredibly silly to base an important decision on them as they are a very minor part of an experience.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 11:34am | Report
Just here to warn anyone who is reconsidering buying the Xbone:

If you support Microsoft after what has come to light in the last few weeks, then I hope you realize that you literally have no respect for yourself as a consumer and are a complete idiot. Do not throw your money away at a company that, four days ago, was perfectly prepared to **** you in all ways you could be ****ed in regards to gaming.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide