Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

Xbox One

Creator: Searz May 21, 2013 1:39pm
230 posts - page 23 of 23
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
508
Joined:
Mar 27th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2013 6:06pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:



I know.

But that doesn't let my post hold less truth.
You really think they'd go all "Oh, well it didn't work lying to them and forcing them to choke it down, so let's switch back to the old model", just like that? Nope.

I simply want to expose the mistakes of fanboys people who throw in sentences like
"MS knows what's possible and what's not, they would never lie to us if they tell us that DRM isn't possible to switch off/downwards compability isn't possible"

You never can really decide if you want to be amused about it or feel really REALLY sad for the person who just said that.


After the whole community had a beat down on MS ever since their press conference, asking for them to change it back, they accepted all your wishes just for you continue to beat them down because they changed their system after they tried to stick with it;
It's a lose lose situation for Microsoft here.
And they took the wrong option.
They had two choices. The first was stick to their guns and continue with the system they've dreamed of, they would've received a huge loss of sales no doubt but after the initial backlash, people would have realized that the XboxOne is a unique system, different from its predecessor.
The other choice was to do a full 360 and undo all the major things they said such as DRM restrictions, which would recover some of their sales, though not all because it would piss people off.

They chose the full 360, which I disagree with. They stuck to their guns at the beginning, but gave in at the end. They should've chosen one or the other, it was a stupid decision to stop halfway through.

Anyways, backwards compatibility isn't possible without some sort of emulator which would end up making your system cost more. I don't really see the problem, just keep your 360. Everything you do on the 360 transfers to the XboxOne so it's not like you lose anything. There's no point in selling it either, you'd get $100 out of it at the most. Not worth the all of the games you bought.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1632
Joined:
Nov 2nd, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 8:52am | Report
Excluding the fact that many ppl would just get pissed off switching between 2-3 consoles, it's the fact that MS LIES just to make more money.

"It's not possible to do it DRM free!!!"
"It's not possible to include downward compability!!!"

Both is pretty damn easy to have in a new console.
We know it, they know it, but what's most annoying is that instead of spilling the beans, they decide to lie straight in our face.


In my opinion EVERY SINGLE video gaming company atm has to take a big fall to realize that their ****ed up moves aren't going to end well any longer.

If MS makes the start, let them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 11:01am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

180.
360 puts you in the same spot/direction you started in.

I think that goes to show the validity of his reasoning in general XD
ShiftyCake wrote:

After the whole community had a beat down on MS ever since their press conference, asking for them to change it back, they accepted all your wishes just for you continue to beat them down because they changed their system after they tried to stick with it;
It's a lose lose situation for Microsoft here.

They care about their shareholders and their shareholders only. Their priorities are clear as day.
The shareholders probably saw the pre-order numbers of the Xbox One and started sweating, so Microsoft decided to change things around to appease their shareholders.
Quoted:
And they took the wrong option.

Oh really now?
Do you have any idea of how much an always-on system could hurt them if people wised up to it?
The potential damage could be catastrophic; millions or billions in losses.
You're yet again just running your mouth on something that you have no idea about.
Quoted:
The other choice was to do a full 360 and undo all the major things they said such as DRM restrictions, which would recover some of their sales, though not all because it would piss people off.

This makes no sense.
You're making wild generalizations and drawing conclusions seemingly out of thin air..
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 4:20am | Report
Why people like Steam and not the Xbox/PS digital systems:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzGwVhevtXM&t=562
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3195
Joined:
Jul 12th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 1:28pm | Report
I think this thread should be re-titled reasons to not buy this Xbox one.
sig by jhoijhoi
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8290
Joined:
May 18th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 4:27pm | Report

I think this thread should be re-titled reasons to not buy this Xbox one.


1. you'll be supporting microsoft for buying it

you don't need another reason to not buy it.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 4:35pm | Report
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
508
Joined:
Mar 27th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 1:59am | Report
Searz wrote:


I think that goes to show the validity of his reasoning in general XD

They care about their shareholders and their shareholders only. Their priorities are clear as day.
The shareholders probably saw the pre-order numbers of the Xbox One and started sweating, so Microsoft decided to change things around to appease their shareholders.

Oh really now?
Do you have any idea of how much an always-on system could hurt them if people wised up to it?
The potential damage could be catastrophic; millions or billions in losses.
You're yet again just running your mouth on something that you have no idea about.

This makes no sense.
You're making wild generalizations and drawing conclusions seemingly out of thin air..


So I said 360? Big deal. The other guy pointed it out, you had to act as if I'm an idiot because I made a mistake in my wording.

And yes, an always on system IS a problem as I have stated multiple times. The problem I have is that they switched in the middle of their push, something you should never do. If you stick with something, its all the way. It was a mistake.

That's exactly what they did...how is that wild generalisations at all. If anything, you have been making wild generalisations and accusations this whole time. how do you know they care about their shareholders only? You don't, but since you're hating on microsoft why don't we just go with it.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 7:27am | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

So I said 360? Big deal. The other guy pointed it out, you had to act as if I'm an idiot because I made a mistake in my wording.

It was not a mistake in wording. It was a mistake in logic, a mistake in reasoning. Something you're doing quite a lot..
You're running your mouth when you don't even understand one or several parts of your own argument..
Quoted:
And yes, an always on system IS a problem as I have stated multiple times. The problem I have is that they switched in the middle of their push, something you should never do. If you stick with something, its all the way. It was a mistake.

You keep stating that it's a problem, yet you somehow don't see the ramifications of it. It boggles my mind.

And then there's this attitude that you somehow know that they're wrong when you clearly haven't read up on the subject and don't provide a single piece of evidence to support your claims.
Quoted:
That's exactly what they did...how is that wild generalisations at all. If anything, you have been making wild generalisations and accusations this whole time. how do you know they care about their shareholders only? You don't, but since you're hating on microsoft why don't we just go with it.

Okay, let's clarify it further, since it seems not everyone has the mental capacity to understand what was written.
Quoted:
which would recover some of their sales, though not all because it would piss people off.

This exact part contains wild generalizations and stupid conclusions.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
508
Joined:
Mar 27th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 8:11am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

Actually, every company with shareholders only care about their shareholders.
Keeping the shareholders happy and wealthy is their top priority, nothing, absolutely nothing comes even close.

There isn't a single company that can tell their shareholders to f-off and hope to survive.


Now, on to the bashing:

Everytime I hear someone say something is impossible, while that something is a feature in the digital world, I label them a liar.
For that is what they are.

What they should say is: We won't do it, because it's too expensive.
That I'll believe.


you're right, careless example, sorry.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide