Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Liandry's on Nautilus?

Creator: Skaeling August 6, 2013 9:53am
1 2 3
Skaeling
<Member>
Skaeling's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 9:53am | Report
I usually get a SINGLE offensive item on Nautilus, especially when they ignore me because of my tankyness.
Most of the time I go for Liandry's Torment and I was wondering if there is a better choice ? It seems to me it has amazing synergy with his kit, especially with Riptide.

"You, you can't even break a rule - how can you be expected to break bone?" - Gandalf
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 10:00am | Report
Yeah, that could definitly work. Obviously, with Nautilus you normall don't want to go for damage, as junglers like Jarvan IV, Amumu or Sejuani have better basics for that, but he has very much AoE to apply it. Another idea for an item would be Iceborn Gauntlet, you gonna drag yourself to the enemy anyway and this item not only adds damage, it also adds huge defense and utility.

The downside is, both of these items cost very much for a jungler, especially for a slow clear champ like Nautilus.
Skaeling
<Member>
Skaeling's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 10:09am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Yeah, that could definitly work. Obviously, with Nautilus you normall don't want to go for damage, as junglers like Jarvan IV, Amumu or Sejuani have better basics for that, but he has very much AoE to apply it. Another idea for an item would be Iceborn Gauntlet, you gonna drag yourself to the enemy anyway and this item not only adds damage, it also adds huge defense and utility.

The downside is, both of these items cost very much for a jungler, especially for a slow clear champ like Nautilus.

Nautilus is a pretty fast jungler IMO. I would only get Liandry's Torment in lategame.
Also i'm pretty sure Iceborn Gauntlet is a waste of money on him.
I am more interested how it compares to items like Sunfire Aegis or even a Rabadon's Deathcap

"You, you can't even break a rule - how can you be expected to break bone?" - Gandalf
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 10:12am | Report
I'm pretty sure Liandry's Torment isn't worth it on naut, not to mention expensive as ****. The cool downs on your spells are too high to make it viable.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 10:59am | Report
Wit's End is a better damage item on him, honestly. It also works well with Sunfire Aegis, which is also great on him. But building any damage items on Naut often isn't necessary. Just get really big and tanky, run around in the enemy team and get off lots of CC; your team can generally take care of the rest if they're vaguely competent.

Iceborn Gauntlet wouldn't be very good. Naut doesn't have short enough CDs to proc it often and his base AD just isn't high enough to make those procs particularly valuable. Not to mention that he's already so full of CC that the extra slows wouldn't be as noticeable. Especially if your autoattack target spends most of the time the slow is up snared from your passive anyway.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 4:54pm | Report
wits end or abyssal are the only two offensive items i would get on naut (only one not both) if i even build one
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Skaeling
<Member>
Skaeling's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 1:36am | Report

I'm pretty sure Liandry's Torment isn't worth it on naut, not to mention expensive as ****. The cool downs on your spells are too high to make it viable.

Well, Spirit of the Ancient Golem and Locket of the Iron Solari are kind of core, and you might have 4/6% CDR from masteries, and more from runes.

That said W is on a 7 sec CD, AOE CC that doubles Liandry's Torment's passive.
Dredge Line, Titan's Wrath+ Staggering Blow and Depth Charge all apply the improved passive.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 1:05pm | Report
Hey, not only that, the HP also scales with the shield and his spells don't have a too bad AP ratio either.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Encross
<Member>
Encross's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 2:46pm | Report
Have you tried Nashor's Tooth? No? Well, you should.

I've gotten Liandry's Torment in a few really fed solo queues. I was pretty underwhelmed by it.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 3:07pm | Report
Why get Nashor's Tooth if until 180 AP Wit's End deals more damage, not to mention the magic resistance reduction or the price.
He is gonna kill you!!!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide