Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guinsoos still core on Ap-Nid

Creator: oleole April 15, 2011 6:08am
1 2
oleole
<Member>
oleole's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 6:08am | Report
Hey guys,
I just watched some recorded Nid games from Hotshot and several times i sawhim buying no Guinsoos.
I have always considered this as core on nidalee, because she got some spamable skills and can even need the AS early game.So what do you guys think about this?
When to buy Guinsoos and when not?
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 9:26am | Report
Of course~

Pounce's cd is lower then guinsoo's duration, you can pounce across the map and have it up to 8 for fights. :P
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 9:29am | Report
Prob most of the most cost effektive items ingame, dunno why u wuld not wanna have it on nidalee
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 10:13am | Report
no idea what potatis just said but guinsoo doesnt really do anything :/ just get a gunblade lolz
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:28pm | Report
Because deathcape is too damn good.

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 3:11pm | Report
I don't play Nida, but I can't see why it would be a bad item.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 3:16pm | Report
What Jun said is what I usually do on Nidalee and that is why I usually get on Nidalee first. However, I usually find myself able to get farmed/fed enough to get an instant Needlessly Large Rod off the bat. That will end up snowballing into an instant Rabadons. I feel like Rabadon's is much stronger than Guinsoo's earlier, and if you don't have to worry about repetitive button mashing like you have to with Guinsoo's early game.

Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 3:28pm | Report
Chances are, he probably didn't see a scenario where he'd need it. Maybe he was healing/spearing more than he was taking down towers/auto-attacking? In which case he'd get more AP and less hybrid.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 4:32pm | Report
Guinsoo's remains useful when you know you're stronger than your enemies in a fight. However, consider a game where your enemies are a bit more fed, and are slightly stronger than you. Maybe they have baron in a relatively even game and are pushing your base. In that scenario, HSGG goes into a fast Archangel's quite often and plays a more poking/supporting style of Nidalee, a style where Guinsoo's is not that useful.

Guinsoo's is best around the midgame and serves to make Nidalee more dominant at killing enemy heroes. If she can't get those kills, focus more on defensive AP (i.e. Archangel's, Rabadon's, etc).

I've seen roughly 20 of HSGG's Nidalee games and this is what I've picked up from his playstyle, his comments, and the comments of other users.
Riggsinator
<Member>
Riggsinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2011 4:21pm | Report
I rarely use guinsoo's. I just don't like it. Get stunned or something twice and you lose all your stacks.
"Thats a paddlin'"
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide