Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Frozen Heart, Good item for AP squishy against...

Creator: BlueLionKing July 18, 2011 4:18pm
1 2
BlueLionKing
<Member>
BlueLionKing's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 4:18pm | Report
1st post yay!!!

Anyways i am BlueLionKing(in game as well) and ive been playing LOL pretty much religiously for the last couple weeks. So yes i am still basically a total noob.

However, i have one question. Is there place for a Frozen Heart within a proper Annie build ?

It looks like a viable option for some added surviabilty against a team running heavy AD seeing as it adds 99 armor + a 20% attack speed reduction aura which reduces the effectiveness of champions that rely heavily on auto attack for the kill. Plus it seems to make sense for AP reliant champs such as Annie with CDR and 500 Mana but i never see it listed in any of the builds ive read here on mobafire. Is there something inherently wrong with this item that i am not aware of?? Thanks in advance.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 4:19pm | Report
For Annie?

Probably not, get more AP. :S

With her shield she is pretty tanky as is...

if AS is an issue, let your tank or support get it.

AND WELCOME :D

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 4:33pm | Report
Welcome to Mobafire!

Now from a traditional view, I agree with Wrath. Though it has many good stats, Annie is meant to burst people in a few short seconds.

From a Crafter PoV, I think it would be a great item. One thing about Annie is she can be squishy if she hasnt killed her target. Now, does make AD champs wary to attack you, it doesnt always ensure you will survive the encounter.

I do think that this would be a situational item. If you are smashing face but barely getting away with low HP, this might be useful to you.

Hmmmm I got an Annie idea.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 5:35pm | Report
Zhonya's Hourglass is a better item than Frozen Heart for Annie.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 5:55pm | Report
I think not. I got it on Vlad, solely to counter Olaf's blowing raising attack speed, that happened just once. IMO, as Searz said, Zhonya is a better item for Mages overall. ''

Frozem Heart still can be used to counter *****es like Olaf or Yi, but meh, suits the tank better.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
BlueLionKing
<Member>
BlueLionKing's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 4:23am | Report
Why is Zhonya's Hourglass so much better ? Just the raw Ap? the active seems quite tricky to use...

Oh and noob Q. How do you link items like Searz did above ?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 6:35am | Report
Zhonya is better for most because it gives AP with the armor, not just a ton of armor+mana+CDR.
The active is quite nice. Often worth the money.
On most casters you'll be maxed out on CDR anyway with blue buff and maybe a blue pot.

Oh and for the linking use: [[Zeal]]
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 8:08am | Report
To use active:

1. If you are getting ****ed, click the number on your keyboard of the item slot Hourglass is in.
2. ???
3. Profit.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Nethalas
<Member>
Nethalas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 8:19am | Report
Don't forget it also gives you more time for your spells to refresh, which with Annie can give an opportunity to get your stun off (again).
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 8:34am | Report
TRUE DAT SON

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide