Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rage and Anti-rage

Creator: DePyro October 26, 2011 10:07pm
1 2
DePyro
<Member>
DePyro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 10:07pm | Report
Whether or not you want to believe it rage is part of League of Legends strategy. How? You ever notice that when you rage you start to play poorly or you start calling your team names and they start playing more poorly? Now this isn't new and I wish more people would put what I say into action during game-play. Raging only ends up hurting you or you teammates and in the end your entire game. Be honest how many times have you actually won a game where you Raged your *** off? .... ???? Now the exception to this rule are people who can easily shrug off that chat menu in game. Now what can you do to help a team that's got a rager? Something I like to call Anti-Rage Techniques can actually help win a game that normally would be a loss.

FIRST: You have to be able to realize that what you say even in a text box can hurt other players. Now if you're enemies are the ones making these comments, you have to realize it's their mission to make your teammates play poorly, that gives them a win.

SECOND: Look at the situation neutrally if one of your teammates are raging. If your enemies are making a teammate play poorly and start to rage let them know that's what their enemy is trying to do. If your raging or someone fed a little too much you CAN still win if your people remain calm, turret hug, and farm minions. That's all a recovery requires. Keep your teammates close.

THIRD: When you find out who is the root of the RAGE problem that's the person you want to counter. If it's an enemy talk with your team, calm them down in team chat. If they're in your team tell them that they are making the problem worse and to farm with the teammate who is having trouble. (If not farm with them yourself)

I hope this opens some players eyes during their time playing League of Legends. Remember NOBODY Likes a Rager because there is never good rage if YOU start to feel like raging do what I do, Ignore the chat, Farm, Then focus the enemy champion that pissed you off. By the time the games done win or lose you should have plenty kills on your rival ;) WITHOUT RAGING!!!! :D

As Lugninaf said if you can make your enemy rage it is highly satisfying especially if they rage quit, however, if your bark ends up being louder than your bite it will backfire on you.
If you like a post
If a post helped you
If I made you laugh
Or if you just like me ;)
+ REP please and thank you
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 10:09pm | Report
You know what... This needs a TL;DR.

Also, making an enemy rage feels so satisfying. Especially when we make them RQ because of some small thing.
True love is found only in yourself.
Rozsud3k
<Member>
Rozsud3k's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 10:12pm | Report
Oh god, I'm raging because it's quite long GRRRRRRRRRRR

But tbh, you do have valid points and should be taken into account.

I don't even
DePyro
<Member>
DePyro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 10:26pm | Report
I hope so this is something I've learned to hold true even after two years playing LoL. If there is anything I might have forgotten please help me out. Thanks
If you like a post
If a post helped you
If I made you laugh
BlatantlyJesus
<Member>
BlatantlyJesus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 1:17am | Report
I completely agree with you, although i myself find my self raging its normally what i see as bs and so it aggrevates me that 3 of them got away with little hp when i should of got triple.

I dont mind so much about someone not being goo with a champ its just annoying when you can see someone whos gone to level 30 and still cant last hit, call mia and not over extend and normally by that point it dosent matter if your raging at them they have probobly lost it for you anyway
Rozsud3k
<Member>
Rozsud3k's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 1:17am | Report
Well, for one, whenever I play and I'm doing badly my teammates have the habit of saying, "omg x noob" where x is the champion I'm playing. It really discourages me from playing longer because it really puts me down.

Also, a popular finisher which I REALLY hate is "gg noobs". That is just horrible and should be stopped, because it's a real let-down.

I don't even
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 1:53am | Report
If some of my teammates are really, really bad I stop caring.
Whether or not I rage from that point on doesn't matter much since:
a) that teammate is terribad and he's not gonna turn into a pro player during the game we're playing
b) I stopped caring and generally don't play as well as I can

This is all for normal games though since I don't play ranked often (haven't played solo-ranked in season 2 yet).

I occasionally say something like 'lol x, u bad' but I don't generally rage a lot.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
DePyro
<Member>
DePyro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 5:12pm | Report
RIIIIIIIGHT I bet you rage like a monster
If you like a post
If a post helped you
If I made you laugh
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2011 2:38am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Also, making an enemy rage feels so satisfying.

You know what's even more satisfying? Making friends with your opponents. Seriously, some of my best online LoL friends I met when I was playing against them. Doesn't really matter which team wins either.

And when make friends with or at least show courtesy towards one or more of your opponents, it makes the game way less stressful. Every death can be followed by a "nice, I didn't see that one coming," or "wow, I can't believe you survived that! How much HP did you have?" This puts LoL back in perspective as a game which is designed for enjoyment. That's not to say you shouldn't play hard though. Anyone who's played with me knows I'm a tryhard.

When you try to aggravate your opponents or bully your teammates (yes, they're both bad), you're a part of the problem. I suggest trying to make the most out of your game instead of trying to ruin it for someone else.

Of course some people simply will not have a civil conversation or polite banter, but you can't have every game be a good game.

/endrant
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
bioWMD
<Member>
bioWMD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2011 3:44am | Report
Rozsud3k wrote:
Also, a popular finisher which I REALLY hate is "gg noobs". That is just horrible and should be stopped, because it's a real let-down.

Yea I hate that too. It's really annoying when u have tried hard your whole game to carry the team but still end up losing. And even though you have put up a good fight that one enemy has to say "NOOBS" when they win. Way to kick someone lying.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide