Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Anyone play Veigar?

Creator: Aeacus11 September 18, 2011 4:17pm
1 2 3
Aeacus11
<Member>
Aeacus11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 4:17pm | Report
Hey guys,

I play Nasus alot, and I love the "farm for rewards" system of his q. But I really like playing AP nukes and taking mid lane as well, so I decided to give Veigar a try. I love his gameplay (even though I am not really effective yet at landing his combo), but is he worth playing?

I don't see him really at all in streams. Is there any reason he seems so underplayed? his AoE stun seems like it is pretty great utility for teamfights, but is his burst too unreliable?

I basically just wanted to start a little chatter about Veigar, because I LOVED playing him (first champ i've felt like "i could never get bored doing this") and just was curious if he is viable to play.

Thanks!

EDIT: If you guys have any advice on how to really build him, I'd appreciate that too! So far I go meki pendant, tear, deathfire grasp, rabadons, and then onward from there. Is this about right? Any other items you advise? (or is DFG even worth it?)
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 4:27pm | Report
the problem is that veigar is worthless if he doesnt superfarm q. if he can get zoned out of cs hes ****.

but he is an extremely strong burst if played well. if he gets his combo off he can instant kill anything but a tank.

hes probably my second favorite mage right now (after karthus) and is loads of fun. what are you building on him?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 4:34pm | Report
Only thing holding him back is his **** laning :s
SinDelta
<Member>
SinDelta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 4:36pm | Report
Try something like.

6th item optional
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnySceneTM
Aeacus11
<Member>
Aeacus11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 4:50pm | Report
Why exactly is his laning ****? I mean, sure I'm not going to be getting first blood or kill early, but he seems pretty safe to me. I just last hit away, and just hit e when anyone tries to get aggressive with me.

Related question: I knew with nasus, I wanted to have q farmed to like 250 at 20 mins whenever possible. In one of my veigar games, a teammate of mine was raging at me cuz I only had 430 AP at 30 mins. that is probably terrible, but I thought I was farming alright. Is there a reference I should be shooting for at a certain time mark? Thanks again!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 5:18pm | Report
idk, ill play a game and tell you how much ap i get by 30.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 5:41pm | Report
He is **** becouse he gets stomped by any good mage mid.

Poor guy has nothing to defend himself with pre 6 :<.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 6:41pm | Report
Aeacus11 wrote:

Why exactly is his laning ****? I mean, sure I'm not going to be getting first blood or kill early, but he seems pretty safe to me. I just last hit away, and just hit e when anyone tries to get aggressive with me.

Related question: I knew with nasus, I wanted to have q farmed to like 250 at 20 mins whenever possible. In one of my veigar games, a teammate of mine was raging at me cuz I only had 430 AP at 30 mins. that is probably terrible, but I thought I was farming alright. Is there a reference I should be shooting for at a certain time mark? Thanks again!

The problem is he has to use all his mana to farm AP, so until you can have an unlimited mana pool then you're pretty much stuck not harassing the enemy, or not farming your Q.

Reference marks are usually only good for really passive lanes - that is, the more aggressive the lane, the less farm you get. Don't be hard on yourself if you can't make the ideal farm #, because that will usually cause you to compensate something more crucial in order to get farm (for instance, you might overextend in an effort to get more farm and you'll die). Just farm naturally, and practice in a bot game if you think you need practice. If you can make the ideal farm cap in a bot game, then you don't have to worry in a normal game.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 2:25am | Report
well veigar does have a really tough time early lvls but as soon as you have ult + dfg you are ready to wreck kids^^
1 combo = death. since you will be trailing in cs you should rush yr kages lucky pick and build that into dfg asap. after that its down the hill since pretty much no1 can 1v1 a veigar at that stage since you can just burst them with dfg+stun+w+ult+q=death^^
early you should play safe and not die and go for as many cs as you can with your q since the range on it isnt to bad
greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
Aeacus11
<Member>
Aeacus11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2011 7:41am | Report
Any particular recommendations for champions considered "better" than veigar that play/build similar to him? Should I just start playing Annie instead?
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide