Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Climbing the ELO Ladder

Creator: Zeprido April 15, 2011 2:50am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 5:13am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

Wither, Xin Zhao thrives with attack speed from Battle Cry since it gives him CDR and he can spam Three Talon Strike and Audacious Charge more.

That doesn't mean it's a flat out counter. Can Nasus keep him away from farming?
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 5:50am | Report
Searz wrote:

@Trojan

Er.. Are you even very experienced at high level play? I'm not myself and I'm still at higher elo than you.
Or is there some resource you know that has info on counters? I've seen none yet.

I watch a lot of livestreams... haha

That's the extent of my ranked experience (aside from something like 7 or 8 games in ranked), but I've played enough normal games that I've seen which champions fail/wreck against which. After that, the rest is theory.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 6:02am | Report
Let's try to focus on things we hear from high elo ppl.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Miraisen
<Member>
Miraisen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 11:42am | Report
Don't know if this has its place here, but what I've done mostly is instantly tell the people that if they have vent or skype, we should get on and cooperate. I've done that 4 times so far in solo queue, and end up usually with one or two people on vocal chat with me. We then try and lane together, or just communicate a lot, and so far it's worked pretty well. I've only done few ranked games for now, but they've gone pretty well so far doing this.
Miraisen - US
In ninjas we trust...
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:06pm | Report
@Trojan and @Miraisen - Suggestions have been updated.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:26pm | Report
I think it's a good idea to find, not only which champions counter others, but also what items and summoner spells counter certain situations.

Snares or stuns of basically any kind severely counter melee champions.
Cleanse, Quicksilver Sash, and Banshee's Veil (also champion shields) counter disables.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:34pm | Report
Based on my expiriences I think the #1 way to carry yourself to higher ELO is leadership and knowledge. You don't necessarily need to play a carry to carry your team. You can carry your team mentally with good guidance and smart calls. A firm knowledge of the game knowing when to drag, baron, fight, etc is going to be your best bet to climb the ladder provided your team cooperates. You don't even have to be a very skilled player, just a very smart one.

Jebus posted this link in another thread and at the time I was in high 1200s. Upon reading that thread I won 5-6 games in a row and I have now reached my goal and am sitting at 1402. Should really read it.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=452151

Btw the only counter pick I know is that Veigar counters lots of AP :P... As long as that AP does not include Kassadin.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 12:46pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

Based on my expiriences I think the #1 way to carry yourself to higher ELO is leadership and knowledge. You don't necessarily need to play a carry to carry your team. You can carry your team mentally with good guidance and smart calls. A firm knowledge of the game knowing when to drag, baron, fight, etc is going to be your best bet to climb the ladder provided your team cooperates. You don't even have to be a very skilled player, just a very smart one.

Jebus posted this link in another thread and at the time I was in high 1200s. Upon reading that thread I won 5-6 games in a row and I have now reached my goal and am sitting at 1402. Should really read it.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=452151

Btw the only counter pick I know is that Veigar counters lots of AP :P... As long as that AP does not include Kassadin.

he kinda counters AP, but he's garbage so it's pointless.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 1:15pm | Report
Veigar garbage? How dare you :(

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 1:17pm | Report
Veigar is actually really good when you play him right. I do just fine with him.
I remember playing mid against a Veigar and I was all up in his face to keep him from farming and getting that extra AP per kill. He only had half the minion kills of our bottom laners and he still facerolled half my team. He has a great stun (if you know how to use it) and excellent damage.

You might think he is garbage because you suck with him or you know how to counter him.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide