Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Countering Zed's Ultimate as an ADC

Creator: Re4XN June 4, 2016 10:38am
1 2
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2016 10:38am | Report
I have started getting a grip on ADCs in general and the most annoying problem I am facing is Zed. Since QSS no longer removes debuffs, I've been having trouble countering it. The most obvious solution is to have someone peel for you while you keep out of range, but what do you do if he ults you? Lifesteal is a good option, but sometimes there isn't anything around for me to hit and other times it won't suffice to live through the ultimate. Is Sterak's a good counter to this? If not what do you guys do/build against him?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2016 10:42am | Report
Lifesteal is garbo against Zed tho, he bursts, you sustain with AAs.

Guardian Angel, supports and team members that use CC, dodge abilities and pray to Jesus
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2016 10:49am | Report
Janitsu wrote:
Lifesteal is garbo against Zed tho, he bursts, you sustain with AAs.

Guardian Angel, supports and team members that use CC, dodge abilities and pray to Jesus

Yeah, I mean Guardian Angel is like the only thing that prevents your death... I was hoping for something more "self-reliant" besides my team, so I guess Jesus will have to do.

Most of time when I die, so does Zed, so I guess GA is the way to go... What about Steraks? Good/Bad, not worth it?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2016 10:53am | Report
Re4XN wrote:

Yeah, I mean Guardian Angel is like the only thing that prevents your death... I was hoping for something more "self-reliant" besides my team, so I guess Jesus will have to do.

Most of time when I die, so does Zed, so I guess GA is the way to go... What about Steraks? Good/Bad, not worth it?

Sterak's is pretty good if you can dodge his skillshots imo
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2016 3:16am | Report
u dodge skillshots. If he's too fed and can auto+E to kill you, you buy GA/BT
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2016 3:21am | Report
BT helps, as do 6th item GA and Sterak's.

Also if you're playing Tristana you can just W backwards as he's getting out of his ult and he has to use W+Flash to catch back up to you, and even then you can just ult him away. I've always been able to get away with offensive builds on Trist vs Zed since she's so hard for him to burst, and if he's not super ahead I can usually even just 1v1 him.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2016 4:36am | Report
u dodge skillshots. If he's too fed and can auto+E to kill you, you buy GA/BT

BT helps, as do 6th item GA and Sterak's.

Also if you're playing Tristana you can just W backwards as he's getting out of his ult and he has to use W+Flash to catch back up to you, and even then you can just ult him away. I've always been able to get away with offensive builds on Trist vs Zed since she's so hard for him to burst, and if he's not super ahead I can usually even just 1v1 him.

Thanks for the help. I figured BT would help a bit, it's just that sometimes it is not enough/there's nothing to hit. Also, I have tried playing Tristana, but I failed horribly. The ADCs I am better at are Jhin and Miss Fortune. I will try others out, but I'm currently focusing on learning these two (with more emphasis on MF, since I think I'm an okay Jhin player).

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I tried building Sterak's Gage on Jhin and it worked as intended, saving me from his ultimate. What do you think about this item?
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2016 5:00am | Report
Re4XN wrote:
EDIT: Just wanted to add that I tried building Sterak's Gage on Jhin and it worked as intended, saving me from his ultimate. What do you think about this item?

Am I happy about being forced to build Sterak's Gage on ADC? No. Does it do its job of keeping me from dying 2 seconds into a fight? Yes.

Ideally you would want items that do more damage but you don't do damage if you're dead, so sometimes sacrifices must be made. Building Sterak's instead of more damage sometimes is one of those situational sacrifices.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2016 11:10am | Report
honestly speaking you just have to view him as an assassin and position better. it's as simple as that. if a talon or fizz jump on you and use all their spells on u will you survive? probably not. aside from resistances u can buy which aren't ideal for an adc, there is no definite counterplay vs a role that's essentially designed to one shot people that isn't good positioning

zed is in a similar situation with his crucial damage spells being his Q R auto and passive. Most of that comes from the Q damage from his two shadows and zed himself. most of the times in order for him to successfully one shot someone mid to late game he needs to land his shurikens. If you dodge his shurikens and stay next to your team most of the time if he's not fed you will survive.

playing against zed is mainly a combination of understanding his damage potential and knowing when you can position aggressively without dying and positioning safely.
ArbysWifi
<Member>
ArbysWifi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2016 10:16am | Report
although most of these items work you can also probably build Phantom Dancer and at least AA Zed 1 time for the 12% damage reduction and that might save you a bit and also get something like frozen mallet for some tank/damage to save you a bit, in my opinion it is a more situational than GA but it is more practical against the rest of the enemy team
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide