Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Crazy Idea or Not?

Creator: LordAerthos December 14, 2011 2:39am
LordAerthos
<Member>
LordAerthos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 2:39am | Report

Jungle Twisted Fate

With the changes to jungle, specifically the health bumps on the smaller camps, I am wondering if it would be feasible to jungle effectively with Twisted Fate. Since I am but a lone fellow and only have so much time to play and test out new builds, I am reaching out to the community here to see:

(1) How you think this would work out. Pros? Cons? Difficulty? Path? Just from the short time I've been here I know we have some great theorycrafters here, and I want to see what we can all come up with for this interesting idea.
(2) If there is anybody else out there who is willing to actually test this out with me and compare results. Like I said, I am only one person and only have so much time, so others willing to try this out with me to see if it is feasible and how to best go about it would be fantastic.
"To warmth, whiskey, and women 'ere break of day!"

Guides You Should Check Out!
The Void Never Felt So Good
A Comprehensive Guide to Twisted Fate -- Still in progress! PM with things you want to see included!
Blydden
<Member>
Blydden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 12:20am | Report
Too slow to be viable in the current jungle.

Fantastic artwork by Xiaowiriamu & TheNamelessBard!
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 4:10pm | Report
How much faster if he doesn't start cloth + 5? Is that the only way? :/

Edit: ok... yeah... can't see that working...
LordAerthos
<Member>
LordAerthos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 3:35am | Report
I haven't tried Cloth Armor + 5 health pots yet, but that's what I'm going with next. Twisted Fate certainly doesn't have the base stats to start with Doran's Blade, even with runes and masteries.

I think Cloth is viable though, especially if you use a 21/9/0 setup grabbing the lifesteal and armor pen on the offense tree and Tough Skin from the Defense tree. Runes I'm thinking armor seals, either armor pen or hybrid pen marks.

He obviously wouldn't be a fast jungle, but I don't think he wouldn't need to be because of his Pick A Card. Something like Wolves>Wraiths>Golems and he could gank bottom lane at level three, then repeat and gank again. It seems feasible, if not necessarily an optimal build for Twisted Fate.
"To warmth, whiskey, and women 'ere break of day!"

Guides You Should Check Out!
The Void Never Felt So Good
A Comprehensive Guide to Twisted Fate -- Still in progress! PM with things you want to see included!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2011 2:19am | Report
This idea reminds me of a lot of my other ideas. I have managed to jungle Karma, Katarina, Jax, Taric and other 'not so typical' champions. Most of them ended up the same. They can usually complete the jungle within a sufficient amount of time and effectiveness, but most of them don't have the necessary skills to pose a threat as far as ganking or counter-jungling. They also sacrifice a lot of stats from runes and masteries that are useless late game and would be much better placed for them in a lane.

I will look into Twisted Fate jungling though (despite his recent buff, which makes him so much more powerful laning) because his well-abled AoE for neutrals and stun for ganks. I will give you feedback.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Blydden
<Member>
Blydden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2011 6:03am | Report
Okay, minus the glaring lack of blazingly fast speed...

He has no sustain for his squishy hit points.
Since he needs his Pick A Card for speed, he can't stun an invader.
He's also, again, squishy and without sustain, so he is really really easy prey for counter-jungling.
He's blue buff reliant if he hopes to keep his speed optimal. (Not so much red, I admit)
His path/build is pretty fixed. There is no getting out of Cloth Armor and 5 Health Potion unless you go berserk with defense runes/masteries, which is an even worse idea.
Its a non-optimal build anyway, especially since you're using runes/masteries for AD Twisted Fate while skilling him like AP Twisted Fate with Wild Cards.

So you're putting all your money on his ganks...

If you like a superb ganker who is mediocre (not BAD) at everything else, try jungle Pantheon (no, I'm not kidding). He brings more damage to a gank, slightly better sustain and survivability with Aegis Protection, more build options, better ganks, better invasion.

Spear Shot + Aegis of Zeonia + Auto-Attack + Heartseeker Strike + Auto-Attack + Spear Shot will destroy most enemies.

& Grand Skyfall is just like Destiny. With damage.

Just my suggestions.

Fantastic artwork by Xiaowiriamu & TheNamelessBard!
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2011 6:42am | Report
Pros: good ganker
Cons: has to go back to the base many times, medium-high probability of getting killed when ganking
Difficulty: hard
Speed: slow

It's just a crazy idea. He's too squishy to jungle, so you lose time going back to the base even with many potions. His damage isnt very good either early game, making things even more harder
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2011 8:27am | Report
Yeah, everybody else already said it. Too squishy, so much better elsewhere.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide