Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Darius: OP or no?

Creator: tehAsian May 24, 2012 10:54pm
OP?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 9:39pm | Report
Rudmed wrote:

Yah but winning 4v1 or 3v1 is dumb. Even more so when they have CC to stop him from doing all his stuff. No champion should be able to win against the situation Arcana described. The CC should just lock him up and stop him dead cold. DEAD COLD!

See also, Katarina, Akali, AP Yi, etc.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 9:42pm | Report
If Darius's ult didn't refresh or at least didn't do true ****ing damage, he'd be balanced. Might want to lower his Q's early game damage too.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 10:04pm | Report
his ult and passive are ******ed as ****

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 11:18pm | Report
His passive alone isn't that strong early, but I found out that it is in combination with Ignite really painfull. If you can apply enough stacks, this wins you lanes easily.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 11:37pm | Report

None of the champs in arcana's situation had any real, hard CC with the exception of Ahri and potentially alistair depending on if his abilities were on CD or not before he could use them. Yes, if there had been any good CC he should have died. However, a brief knock-up and relatively short charm that pulls the MELEE champ TOWARDS YOU doesn't really count imo, in the case of the latter it probably helps him.

That being said, I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened, maybe it was BS maybe it wasn't. I have seen Master Yi, Ashe, Miss Fortune and many others win 3 or 4 v 1s before, yet no one immediately assumes that it was from being op. Theoretically it is possible for any champ to pull that off in the proper situation.

And if anyone wants to say that they see Darius pull this more than anyone else, ask yourself this: do you see it more because he's OP? or do you see it more because you want to be right about how OP you predicted he would be? Or what if you see it more because he is over played right now because everyone is trying the new champ?

When did this become whether I want to believe he is OP? To be honest, he seems strong and maybe he is OP. Also allow me to reprhase my statement, "No champions...should be able to go into a 4v1, possibly a 3v1, with champions that are on equal or near equal farm/kills, with that much hard CC and win."

@Caster: The ones you've seen aren't doing it right. They build pretty tanky with a BT and Frozen as their main offensive then build tank. Letting Darius' ult do the work for them when they can, and sustaining in fights till their abilities come off cooldown. However we all know during the time his abilities are off CD his passive has done damage along with his autoattacks.

Also quick question, his passive gives him movement speed right?
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 11:42pm | Report
yeah, 5% per champion affected by his passive.

its not that much but it helps, he needs it.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 6:51am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

See also, Katarina, Akali, AP Yi, etc.

1v5 triple kills nearly every game with Akali? nah man that ain't me. That ain't me.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 7:40am | Report
If he has a decent early game, he can spiral out of control, and the insta cooldown on his ult is the only really op thing he has.
Opaque_Shadow
<Member>
Opaque_Shadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 2:26pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

The funny thing is they all build some kind of lifesteal which is one of the main factors that allow them to 1v3 given enough farm or if they get fed enough.

Not OP, it's normal.

And in Arcana's example, every champion had hard CC. Noc has a 2 second fear, Vayne and Alistar have knockbacks and stuns, Ahri has 2 second charm.

How da fuq did he survive?

Yes, but you are assuming they all used this CC on him one after another rather than just spamming it all at once and not really doing anything to control him.
Feel Free to send my referral link to anyone you know.

Ultima ratio regum. (The final argument of kings)
- Inscription on french cannons, on order of Louis XIV
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 6:08pm | Report

Yes, but you are assuming they all used this CC on him one after another rather than just spamming it all at once and not really doing anything to control him.

This man. He has a point. 5 two second stuns still only lasts two seconds. If I did my math right.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide