Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dealing with a counter-jungler

Creator: Confehdehrehtheh May 5, 2011 9:19am
1 2
Confehdehrehtheh
<Member>
Confehdehrehtheh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 9:19am | Report
So I just got my *** handed to me on a silver platter by a counter-jungling udyr when I was playing Warwick. He screwed me up at little golems and I couldn't recover. He was always just waiting and I couldn't figure out what to do.

Any tips on how to come back from getting wrecked early on? Or maybe just dealing with a counter-jungler in general.
Awesome sig by jhoijhoi :D
Aura-Support/CDR Sona|Jungle Yorick
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 9:29am | Report
Easy way to counter the counter-jungler? Put down wards so you see him coming, and notify your team to go grab that free-kill :) You can always go to his jungle and just take some creeps while he's helplessly looking for you in your jungle.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 9:35am | Report
What Scrax said :)

Ping RIGHT AWAY when you see an enemy in your jungle to let your team know. That way they can protect you or even get a free kill if they overstay their welcome.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 11:34am | Report
So what about if you lag out and something kills you early in your path? This happened to me yesterday (I'd never died jungling with Shen b4) and it completely f*cked me up. I did catch up once I started ganking (which is much harder when you're half a level behind), but it really threw off my whole game for some reason.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 11:54am | Report
play nunu, counter-jungle them

play shaco, get away every time

learn like 3 routes as warwick, they'll never find you

ward
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 4:08pm | Report
Counter-jungling is only especially deadly against weak junglers, namely mana-dependent ones. You need to focus on recovery - Warwick is one of the strongest ones for that.

Watch this Stonewall video:

Another option, if you see that they've stolen one of your buffs, is to go steal one of theirs. Realize that most counter-junglers end up lower leveled than they normally would be with a regular jungle route, meaning that if you just focus on leveling up, you'll be stronger than they'll be.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 7:51pm | Report
Great video. In one ranked game I saw their whole team coming to gank and steal my blue so I just pinged theirs and with the help of a team mate I was able to take it quickly. Nothing lost there.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 7:56pm | Report
wow I just watched that and learned a lot, that is really helpful, nice one Jebus :)
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Confehdehrehtheh
<Member>
Confehdehrehtheh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 9:00pm | Report
Awesome video. Thanks. :D
Awesome sig by jhoijhoi :D
Aura-Support/CDR Sona|Jungle Yorick
Melarith
<Member>
Melarith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 2:45pm | Report
A lot of stuff has already been said, but perhaps one of the most important things to note in the history of... history; if their jungler starts with boots, don't do your red/blue buff, unless you're really ballsy, because it's probably warded.
The purpose of Shen is to flip out and kill people.
- Phreak
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide