Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

DPS Kennen: Has anyone else tried it or is it...

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard May 1, 2011 10:40am
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 5:09pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Rod of Ages maxes out at 630HP and 80AP. Would be really OP with the stats you mentioned.

Rylai is a really, really good item on AP Kennen. Definitely core item.

qft

especially with the reduced electrical surge range, you need to be able to keep your enemy in range.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 5:10pm | Report
Oops I totally f-ed that one up DX...but it's still more health for the same AP...I don't like Rylai's on Kennen cuz his AP ratios are ****...and the slow is down to 15% on all but one of his abilities. I'm not saying it's not a good choice, I'm saying I don't like it. I've tried maxing magic pen and then going for 2 tank-ier items: you still get decent damage output, but you gain a lot of survivability...If I go AP that's how I do it. I almost always go for a Randuin's which gives me a better, more reliably hindering slow.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 5:17pm | Report
AP ratios @ lvl 5 spell:

Q: 235 + .66 - that's actually a good AP ratio, considering it's spammable, long range, and 1/3 of a stun.
W: 185 + .45 - not bad considering there's no limit to how many you can hit, and again 1/3 of a stun.
E: 245 + .55 - it's AoE, you can hit multiple champions with this. Not bad all, and a massive base damage.
R: 210 + .33 - since his ult hits 3 times, that becomes 630 + 1, and it's an AOE STUN. that's a phenomenal AP ratio, especially since it's not hard to get all 3 procs on at least 1 or 2 people.

so, if you're so concerned about the AP ratios, get a damn void staff then build pure AP some more.
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 5:39pm | Report
I'm not telling you that you're wrong, or that what you do doesn't work. I'm just telling you what I do instead, it's all about personal preference.
Here's what I build (had to check my build list, it's been awhile):
Magic Pen boots, Abyssal Scepter, Void Staff, Randuin's, Zhonya's, & a Rabadon's...
I probably had less health, but more armor and MR.

I've also gotten a frozen mallet a few times to bump up my health (when I do DPS), it just depends on the game.

It's part of my personality to try to do something weird: sometimes it works great, sometimes it fails miserably...but I always have fun.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 5:42pm | Report
Get void staff or abyssal scepter, not both.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 5:48pm | Report
I get abyssal for the MR. Lichbane is good for other reasons too but it doesn't give as much MR. There are the only two AP/MR items, and I opted for the one with better MR.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 5:52pm | Report

I get abyssal for the MR. Lichbane is good for other reasons too but it doesn't give as much MR. There are the only two AP/MR items, and I opted for the one with better MR.

Void staff + Banshee's veil>Void staff + abyssal scepter
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 5:56pm | Report
No AP from Banshee's veil lol ...If I'm going for AP I should get AP, no? Abyssal gives more MR and AP.
The health is nice, but for a lot less gold I could just grab a haunting guise and get almost as much.
I do like the passive spell shield...
Miraisen
<Member>
Miraisen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 8:40pm | Report
I've been playing a LOT of kennen lately, but I've been wondering, how does malady fare on a hybrid kennen? Has anyone tried to get it early? I was thinking Malady, Guinsoo's, Wit's End as a core.
Miraisen - US
In ninjas we trust...
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 8:45pm | Report
I like Malady a lot on Kennen, it works well when you've got people under your ult because with each hit it's hitting them harder. What you're talking about would work very well, I would recommend getting a Lichbane or Trin force too so you can burst attack after casting. Hextech and Nashor's are also very good in general.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide