Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dumb scaling is dumb. (Or; why dont ability...

Creator: Opaque_Shadow June 2, 2012 10:27pm
Do you agree? (after reading)
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 10:43am | Report
AP Nasus is actually pretty broken. His ult is ******edly powerful. Let a Nasus farm his *** off alone for about 10 minutes and then take your whole team after him. Hard as F*** to kill!

PsiGuard wrote:

Lol, this^

It actually annoys me a bit when some of the newer AD champions (ranged and melee) have no AP scaling to speak of. I love it when champions like Panth and Nocturne have one ability that scales with AP. It makes any extra AP you get (Lulu, WotA, Baron, Sheen) actually useful.

EXACTLY! :D

I MUCH prefer those champions that have some scaling versatility because I love items like Trinity Force.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
nikolaeres95
<Member>
nikolaeres95's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 3:42pm | Report
I find that these weird scaleings acctualy open up more options for troll builds. GP with lich bane and 500 AP .... Eat an orange for half HP Ulti for penta .... Anyway it's more for balance and opening up more build options.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 7:02pm | Report

I find that these weird scaleings acctualy open up more options for troll builds. GP with lich bane and 500 AP .... Eat an orange for half HP Ulti for penta .... Anyway it's more for balance and opening up more build options.

when gp could deny i built 5 gunblades. his deny did 1k damage and he would heal it with spellvamp.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 11:37pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

when gp could deny i built 5 gunblades. his deny did 1k damage and he would heal it with spellvamp.

Or you're like 900 damage Riposte with 6 deathcap Fiora on ARAB. Good times, good times.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2012 12:40am | Report
5 deathcaps and a lichbane

the bane of all carries.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2012 7:44am | Report
AP Master Yi says hello.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
tweeboy2
<Member>
tweeboy2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 3:24am | Report
CBA to read other pages so my post will probably be a repeat

But with your example of Rammus, yes it is for balance. It helps balance because Rammus is played TANKY. He isn't going to do a ton of damage. If you decide to build him differently, you can take AP rammus as an alternative, but he was envisioned by RIOT to be played tanky, so the ratios are high because AP on Rammus causes you to lose out on important items. But as duff said RoA/Rylais (Rylais is IMO slightly better, dat slow) are great items to get you some damage and tankyness.
Razormaul
<Member>
Razormaul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 7:14am | Report
If all champs that get ad anyways had abilitys that scaled off ad than they would be overpowered.Ap Tristana and Ap kogmaw are already viable so imagine if they did the same damage with their spells as they do now when building ap and also being able to do tonnes of damage with auto attacks.OP!
Looking for guides for junglers? Check out my guides for, Alistar, Nautilus and Maokai.
Please vote and comment. Thank you!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 7:27am | Report
I think the only ad-carry which actually needs a little help at ad-ratios is Tristana. Her E and ult should scale with bonus AD, while still scaling with AP. Her E should scale with her passive aswell. This way she would have the harass to mach champs like Graves or Vayne. For better looks:

Draw a Bead: Now increases the range of Explosive Shot by 6 per level.
Explosive Shot: Now has a 0.5 bonus AD ratio at the active.
Buster Shot: Now has a 0.8 bonus AD ratio.

If you think that is too much, look at Graves:
Buckshot vs Explosive Shot
Quickdraw vs Rapid Fire
Collateral Damage vs Buster Shot
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 7:40am | Report
Not sure if trolling. Trying to make Trist OP?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide