Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dumb scaling is dumb. (Or; why dont ability...

Creator: Opaque_Shadow June 2, 2012 10:27pm
1 2 3 4 5
Do you agree? (after reading)
Pranzatelli
<Member>
Pranzatelli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 7:43am | Report
Trist has a better steroid, which works off of way better base stats, than Graves.
Trist has better mobility than Graves.
Trist is an entirely different creature.

Thanks to Jeffy40Hands for the quilt!
If you thought my comment made sense, +Rep!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 7:47am | Report
Well, but if I look at ranked games, nearly everytime there is a Graves ban/pick. And Tristana is never picked.
TheOchremancer
<Member>
TheOchremancer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 12:01pm | Report
I think a redo for some of thees champions is in order. Rammus is actually really weak in the current jungle, and putting armor ratios on his Q would help his clear with BB.
Thanks to Miss Maw for the epic signature!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 12:16pm | Report
A few reasons -

1. Balance. This is obvious and not what you wanted to hear, I know, but giving, say, Rammus an AD ratio on his ult might make him OP, he needs to choose.

2. Auras. I think this is a more odd reason, but the reason they, for example, don't have no ratio whatsoever (in the case of Ashe's ult). Getting a WotA or a Baron buff, or having any AP at all should be at least somewhat beneficial to champions without major scaling elsewhere.

3. AD ratios weren't thought of until a while into LoL. Since DotA had no ability scaling and it came off that (and only one or two abilities scale off Agility/Strength (namely Morphling's Adaptive Strike), and the only real Intelligence (AP equivalent) scaling is Outworld Destroyer) then they must've thought up one big stat for every ability. The whole DotA thing might make sense to transfer to LoL, too - maybe Riot thought "Hey, we don't want no scaling at all, so we can slap something on!"

4. Diversity. Mentioned before, but of course champions like Kog can fit multiple roles and be more varied in item and skill builds.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 12:38am | Report
*Dreaming about atmoggs/FH/thornmail/FoN Rammus with an Ad ratio for ulti...
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 7:00am | Report
Hey let's make all champs have a useable main stat scaling for ALL their abilities. That way, champs like Rammus/Malphite/Amummu etc. can invest in purely defensive items then have nuke like/carry like damage.....Thinking before we post sometimes saves others the trouble of pointing out inadequate logic.
TreyDobe
<Member>
TreyDobe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2012 8:21am | Report

AP Master Yi says hello.

HE'S WAY TO EFFING FUN TO USE!
Best troll in mid lane when fighting other AP users lol and it made my day when I ran up and tanked a turret with meditate so my buddies could take it down without the aid of minions...good times :3

Don't Mess with the Stache~ Braum Twisted Treeline guide

Feel free to check my youtube vids out! CLICK HERE!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2012 2:35pm | Report
Well, but the cooldown of Meditate is a bit too high, especially on higher levels. I would let the cd scale like 32/30/28/26/24. It should make AP YI more usefull in teamfights while not affecting his earlygame too much.
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2012 2:57pm | Report
They simply were too strong if they'd scale on what they're played with. Imagine Ashes Arrow scales with AD.

Pentakill.
Thanks to MissMaw!

1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide