Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Galio Jungle

Creator: Focuscoene January 7, 2014 5:42pm
1 2 3
Focuscoene
<Member>
Focuscoene's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2014 5:42pm | Report
Is this even a thing? When I look at Galio, he seems like he could be a solid jungler. His burst of movespeed would be good for surprise ganks, his shield gives him sustain, his Q is AOE, and he's naturally kinda tanky.

Am I crazy? Because I don't think I've ever seen this.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2014 5:58pm | Report
There is a reason you never see it, think about it. It sucks. Lacks sustain and has mana problems.

Don't get me wrong, anything can work if you do it right, but I don't see it being effective.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2014 6:41pm | Report
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand youre out of mana

his mana costs are too high and he doesnt have a gap closer, his ult is amazing yes but he has no form of mana sustain and his passive doesnt help him in the jungle

basically what youre doing is naming good parts of his kit and saying "therefore he can jungle!" which you can do for almost every champion, but instead of looking at what could make it a good jungler you should look at what makes it a bad jungler which is his mana costs and lack of a gap closer
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2014 6:55pm | Report
I know a RIOT member does it, but it's very niche and, like others have said, it's not too great.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2014 9:31pm | Report
Tried this, doesn't work as well, ganks are pretty bad...your best bet if you want to try something similar, but works is either:

Annie, Karthus or Gragas.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2014 9:37pm | Report
Galio is an awkward jungler. Terrible clear speed and mana problems without blue buff (With blue he's... less than "good") His ganking relies on a skill shot and it's only a slow, and when he gets his ult, damn near any jungler can stop it in a counter gank. He's also a terrible duelist and his gold requirements are astronomical for what he is.

Until he gets a rework there's not much point in playing him at all, let alone the jungle.
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2014 7:12pm | Report

Galio is an awkward jungler. Terrible clear speed and mana problems without blue buff (With blue he's... less than "good") His ganking relies on a skill shot and it's only a slow, and when he gets his ult, damn near any jungler can stop it in a counter gank. He's also a terrible duelist and his gold requirements are astronomical for what he is.

Until he gets a rework there's not much point in playing him at all, let alone the jungle.

He's only good as a mid, and even then if it isn't an AD mid

Basically how I play LoL
salina
<Member>
salina's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2014 10:44pm | Report
Nerf his damage, change his E and his R, and you will have a fairly balanced champion.
salina
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 12:18am | Report
salina wrote:

Nerf his damage, change his E and his R, and you will have a fairly balanced champion.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 3:34am | Report
Don't get it either. Change how?
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide