Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Getting out of Elo hell.

Creator: timesource1 January 31, 2012 12:35pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
timesource1
<Member>
timesource1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 12:35pm | Report
Ok i'm not sure i'm in the right section but i hope you can assist me with this.

I understand the concept of Elo... and I think it's kind of a fair system. But i just need assistance with this:

Recently, I've had teammates who kited. I have no idea if it's intentionally done but my team ends up as teammates who are easily kited or very greedy. My elo went down. They keep on ganking and ganking someone who is 3 levels higher than them without waiting for back up. So yes i admit I'm in Elo hell. I can't get out because i end up with teammates like that. I tell them nicely to please stop and instead concentrate on getting items and XP. Some listen most don't.

I want to get out of Elo hell. I played ranked games because I wanted to be with people who understand that dying is a no no. But how can i do it if I'm stuck here??????????????????????
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:05pm | Report

Ok i'm not sure i'm in the right section but i hope you can assist me with this.

I understand the concept of Elo... and I think it's kind of a fair system. But i just need assistance with this:

Recently, I've had teammates who kited. I have no idea if it's intentionally done but my team ends up as teammates who are easily kited or very greedy. My elo went down. They keep on ganking and ganking someone who is 3 levels higher than them without waiting for back up. So yes i admit I'm in Elo hell. I can't get out because i end up with teammates like that. I tell them nicely to please stop and instead concentrate on getting items and XP. Some listen most don't.

I want to get out of Elo hell. I played ranked games because I wanted to be with people who understand that dying is a no no. But how can i do it if I'm stuck here??????????????????????

First of all, forget this name, this **** doesn't exist
The theory seems simple: get a champion who can kill people. In other words, get an AD carry and farm. Your team is there to take the damage for you, they are useless, you are important
You'll get fed and fed, then just win the match. Don't bother yourself if the team dies, they are there to do that, you have to survive

With time, you'll get higher, and then you can play normally, the team will help you and you'll help them

There's no team below ELO 1200, it's you and only you
timesource1
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:11pm | Report
Lol i don't get fed, they get fed. Wait so it doesn't matter if i lose as long as my champ doesn't get bad scores? really?
timesource1
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:13pm | Report
Damn if that's true i made a big mistake. There are times i let my team get the kills (especially if i think they need the items etc. and i don't). Gosh i guess i should stop doing that if that's the case.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:14pm | Report
Eh, I think you might actually be better off playing an AP who snowballs earlygame, like LeBlanc. If you can play Leblanc well in low Elo you will get fed every game.

AD carries are kinda reliant on their team defending them and supporting them or you die really fast.
timesource1
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:17pm | Report
Lol i get it now. So that's how you raise your elo. I thought it was the number of games won. So it's the score you get during the game that matters. Lol i really should stop getting carries and supports and start getting killers XD
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:18pm | Report
No, it is whether you win or lose. But if you kill everything over and over again you will get so far ahead that your team is much more likely to win.

Basically, play as someone who punishes poor players on the enemy team. If you get enough kills early you can carry the game.
timesource1
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:19pm | Report
oh man i wish this was explained better when i fist started. I mean i really thought it was all about winning. Sigh if i knew it was about the stats i would've focused on killing and killing instead of pure support and stuff. Dang.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:20pm | Report
It is about winning. :P

You just can't rely on your team to win for you, you have to play a champion who can carry the game even if your team is not the best, and someone who can punish the enemy team for making mistakes.

Don't play anything that is powerless over the game, like support, unless everything else on the team is taken.
ConMasterFlash
<Member>
ConMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 1:20pm | Report
Leading your team is the easiest way to win at low ELO. Tell them when to take dragon and baron and when to teamfight or not. They wont listen every time but you wont win every time anyways.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide