Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Getting out of Elo hell.

Creator: timesource1 January 31, 2012 12:35pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
timesource1
<Member>
timesource1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 3:50pm | Report
RaNuD wrote:

Hmmm, the "get AD carries" argument kinda annoys me, mainly because it's not quite accurate while making the problem WORSE. How? Well, bad players who never played carries will try to carry no matter what and people who main this spot wont be able to play it.

I actually got above 1300 mainly playing support. DONT EVER THINK OF PLAYING JANNA IN SOLO, but beside that, a well played ali/sona/soraka/taric will give your team some kills easily even if they're not well coordinated, and you can keep the whole map warded. You'll eventually win.

I have no idea what server you are in but you're pretty lucky.
My sona and soraka NEVER lose in normal games. Come ranked - it does. Why? Because my teammates think that having support it's unlimited life and mana (if Soraka) While it holds true depending on the situation, there are times when jumping 1v5 or 2v5 is insanely stupid. You tell ur team that you have no mana, to back off for a few seconds while ur mana regens (and my mana got used up because i was unable to go back to base running back and forth the map saving one greedy champion to the next) but they still go and attack. Heck they start clashes without me thinking that it's their champ that s powerful without realizing that my support made them powerful.

I've backdoored with Cait numerous times. The problem is i have to choose flash instead of teleport during ranked games. Tht's because i got to escape those opponents my teammates have been feeding. And i can't exactly backdoor because Cait is such a good champion to def a turret.

My Sivir has never lost though XD She's my lucky charm. She's still 100% wins. And I'm planning to keep it that way IMAO XD

The only reason why i choose AD carry is if no one else chooses it AND the opponent has an AD carry like Vayne or MF or Graves. I mean i can't let their AD carry get free hits.
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 4:24am | Report
What if no one chooses it and they have a Corki or Kog ?

Almost every team needs the AD carry for the endgame damage (especially if other team has one) and easy pushing, if not you're playing a botlane with jarvan or a kind of kill lane like that, and you're planing to win before the absence of AD carry equals to big problems in endgame.

There are case of Top ad carry too.

PS : you could have flash + teleport, you don't need heal or exhaust if you're good against the same-elo-botlane
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
timesource1
<Member>
timesource1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2012 3:52pm | Report
I've played LOL for many months until i decided to play in Ranked games.
The reason i played ranked is bcz normal games were getting boring. If they weren't boring, you'll have to deal wtih teammates who are dealing with their champs for the first time... or nth time but still feeding.

I didn't have any problems with this bcz my BF (who is an amazing Udyr, Nassus and Rammus) used to play with me. We NEVER lose. Now, Aion (another game) lured him away. No possible way of luring him back. Believe me i tried.

So, i decided to go to ranked games hoping I'll be with people who mastered their champs etc etc. I was also excited because I've watched numerous ranked videos. They were all so good to the point of it was just them having fun. And that's what i really missed after my bf got lured to Aion.

After my winning streaks, I lost. And lost and lost and lost. Until my ELO got low i got matched with a team who literally didn't know what to do with their champs. Who easily got kited. Who gets greedy. Who ganks and loses.

I'm not saying I'm perfect but I'm not that bad either. I mean I rarely lose so getting this Ranked losing streak is hitting me hard T_T waaaa... that and i'm not having fun anymore !! I have to spend the time covering up for my team's mistakes. ANd if i end up dominating, they'll be so freaking greedy to the point of going 1v5 or 2v5. What the heck?

So far my Sivir is still 100% but everyone else is losing. T_T dammit.

I posted a thread before and it seems like if i wanted to be matched with better players, i'd have to get champs like trynd and yi etc to increase my rank .Then when my rank is high, I'll get to play the champs i really love.

But that sucks. I mean i went to Ranked to have fun with ppl who have fun with their champs. But heck i'd hate to play Trynd until i reach 1500 ELO. (no offense to trynd players)

I love support and AD range. Going into AP casters recently. But it's really hard to win especially if ur team will ruin a good kill by being insanely greedy or wandering and jungling around instead of defending or attacking.

So.. any advice? :D
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2012 3:58pm | Report
If you believe in Elo Hell, you will -never- escape it.

That is all.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 9:30am | Report
What is this Elo Hell? Learn to play snowball champions and play with mature friends. You should never have a problem until you reach your skill cap, where things should be challenging.

DuffTime wrote:

If you believe in Elo Hell, you will -never- escape it.

That is all.

If ^^this^^ is this case, I assume you have already reached your skill cap. You would need to pay a lot of attention to everything concerning the game in order to change that.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide