Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Getting out of Elo hell.

Creator: timesource1 January 31, 2012 12:35pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 1:18am | Report
koksei wrote:

not on EUW .. at least not at 1500.
Mhm and your statement about belonging there or not is just false ;)
If a good player most of the time gets ****py teams with 1-2 fail guys it's way to hard to carry dem all the time it's soloQ. Even hotshotgg was stuck between 1500-1700 for almost 200 games - just sayin^^.

Hotshot was playing new champions in top lane, trolling/getting trolled half his games.

Also, he went from 1600-2000 in about four days once he decided to get up to 2000.
Tri lane for life.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 1:20am | Report
koksei wrote:

Mhm and your statement about belonging there or not is just false ;)
If a good player most of the time gets ****py teams with 1-2 fail guys it's way to hard to carry dem all the time it's soloQ. Even hotshotgg was stuck between 1500-1700 for almost 200 games - just sayin^^.

Don't use Hotshot as an example. He throws the game because he expects his teammates to do things like CLG does, which they don't, resulting in kills for the enemy.

The whole meaning of elo hell is a place where you're forced to play with a team that is a lower skill level then you.

I've been at the "so called elo hell". It's not way too hard to carry in solo queue. If your team is bad, get better. The reason why there are people above that elo is because they carried harder then the other team, resulting in elo.

The reason why people can carry out elo hell is because they're good.
If you're good you can carry yourself out.
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 1:22am | Report
Play Skarner = Get out of elo hell free ticket.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 1:25am | Report
The very most basic concept i can belay upon people that beleive ELO hell exists is this.

You have an equal chance to be on either team right?

And everyone else has an equal chance to be on either team right?

Well, if there is a troll in the 10 players in your game, he has a 50% chance to be on the other team.

You have just as much chance to lose because of trolls, as you do of winning by trolls.

Trolls don't matter.

Now replace trolls with whatever else you have a problem with, bad bans, feeders, leavers, everything.

ELO hell doesn't exist, because you are playing with 4 bad people, against 5 bad people.

As long as you aren't worse on average than the other team, you will win the game because your skill carries your teams average skill up.
Tri lane for life.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 1:35am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

The very most basic concept i can belay upon people that beleive ELO hell exists is this.

You have an equal chance to be on either team right?

And everyone else has an equal chance to be on either team right?

Well, if there is a troll in the 10 players in your game, he has a 50% chance to be on the other team.

You have just as much chance to lose because of trolls, as you do of winning by trolls.

Trolls don't matter.

Now replace trolls with whatever else you have a problem with, bad bans, feeders, leavers, everything.

ELO hell doesn't exist, because you are playing with 4 bad people, against 5 bad people.

As long as you aren't worse on average than the other team, you will win the game because your skill carries your teams average skill up.

I READ THIS FROM SAINTVICIOUS SOMEWHERE ;D
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 1:41am | Report
Quoted:

I READ THIS FROM SAINTVICIOUS SOMEWHERE ;D

It's pretty common knowledge :s
Tri lane for life.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 2:10am | Report
lol but after like 50 games hotshot tried to do so :/

and I'm not really stuck in this so called "elo-hell" but even at 1500-1600 there are still trolls:D
trolls are everywhere - it's sad but the truth.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 2:11am | Report
koksei wrote:

lol but after like 50 games hotshot tried to do so :/

and I'm not really stuck in this so called "elo-hell" but even at 1500-1600 there are still trolls:D
trolls are everywhere - it's sad but the truth.

Trolls are on both teams, unless you're hotshotGG, then they are only on your team.
Tri lane for life.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 2:13am | Report
actually I am a troll magnet.
But I don't really care anymore soloQ is a giant failure getting LEAVERS/AFK (with no reasons) in 12 games in a row at about 1600 - QQ

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
sh0cki
<Member>
sh0cki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 4:36am | Report
well, I am also still low around 1200, but it is my own mistake to like team roles like support or team oriented junglers, not duelers.

But now I am really going to enforce "fck it" mindset and pick solo lanes and learn2play soloQ stompers.

Even as Cass when I wait till all enemies are in perfect positioning, my team is on 1/2HP I ulti and they still run, let me kill 1 or 2 enemies while stunned and than die as I am the only1 staying in fight... that is really embarassing.

Or as yesterday when we got imba veigar he was playing against Lux. Well, Lux had free roam while veigar towerhug. It does not help when he calls SS as u get CCed under tower from jungle bush and ultied to half HP by fed Lux.

So my plan for today afternoon is prio1 mid cass/karth, prio2 jungle mumu/fiddle, not touching bot lane without duoQing. Lets hope some of my friends will be online to go Sivir Soraka duo.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide