Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Getting out of Elo hell.

Creator: timesource1 January 31, 2012 12:35pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 5:29pm | Report
I'd also still recommend LeBlanc or Cassiopeia if you can play them well. Sivir if you prefer to play AD.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 5:31pm | Report
Elo Hell doesn't exist. I got out of "elo hell" with Janna (support yes) and it really couldn't be anymore misleading. A friend told me that "If Elo Hell existed (which it doesn't), wouldn't there be an Elo Heaven? OMG NO MATTER HOW HARD I FEED I ALWAYS GET CARRIED AND THE ENEMY TEAM HAS A PLAYER THAT FEEDS TWICE AS HARD! IM 2000n a ELO NOW AND I STILL GO 0/20 AND WIN!
(note this is actual intention and doesn't make elo hell NOT exist, but really shouldn't and it just describes a location in Elo where there are trolls, etc. This can happen even in high-elo, just less common if at all)

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
timesource1
<Member>
timesource1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 5:44pm | Report
Lol i did use Sivir... dang it eats low elo. They don't even dodge...

yeahp i do understand what you meant about Elo Hell :D It's just a group of ppl who are statistically grouped together. I believe that it's fair that riot does that. The only thing is: even if you get kills, but ur teammates feed their lane etc. then it's really depressing. No matter how you do ur best to play ur character really well, as the game drags on, it's hard to kill if u're battling against an opponent with full items because he got fed. (sorry for the run-ons)

I just want to know how you guys did it. As much as you play ur character real well, it's hard to kill when ur opponent is fed - which is practically what happened with all my lost games. I rarely die. I get kills. But how can you win if ur teammates want to gank when they're underlevel despite telling them not to? And how do you get kills if ur opponents got fed? :(

Sigh.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 5:49pm | Report
The thing is like this:

You have to win. Defeat = losing points, your score doesnt matter

How to win is the thing: you have to get stronger and stronger. **** your teammates, let those *****es die as long as you kill the enemy team
If your team can tank the enemy and you can kill them all, its gg, surrender at 20
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 5:53pm | Report
Quoted:

I just want to know how you guys did it. As much as you play ur character real well, it's hard to kill when ur opponent is fed - which is practically what happened with all my lost games. I rarely die. I get kills. But how can you win if ur teammates want to gank when they're underlevel despite telling them not to? And how do you get kills if ur opponents got fed? :(

I don't play ranked at all because I know it'd be depressing as ****. :P

But yes, the point here is that you absolutely dominate the hell out of your laning opponent. If you pick a strong earlygame champion who can also carry when fed, kill your lane opponent over and over again or gank other lanes and get kills, then it'll be you who's the one getting fed.

Just crush your opponent as hard as you can, as fast as you can, and get yourself fed before your allies can do too many stupid things. If you can do well enough early, you can vastly reduce the chance of an ally's mistake costing you the game later.

That's why I'm suggesting LeBlanc and Cassiopeia - both are borderline unbeatable in the laning phase and can carry hard if you take advantage of your opponent's poor play.
timesource1
<Member>
timesource1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 6:23pm | Report
But that's the problem... i can't kill the enemy anymore bcz they got so strong feeding off my team.

Gosh I'm totally giving up all my champions and start using all the known champions. It's really annoying. Greediness. Kite. Dang it all. :((
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 6:26pm | Report
Just try to crush them before it gets to teamfights, and if they leave your lane, follow them. Build up a big enough advantage early and it almost won't matter if your team sucks.

For example, if you play in mid and your opponent goes missing for more than a few seconds you should assume that they are ganking bot lane and follow them. Even if they aren't there, you can gank bot yourself and pick up a kill or two if you're lucky.

I don't really know what else to say that can help - if you belong at a higher Elo, you'll eventually get there. Closely watching some pro streams or tournament games might help you to improve your own play.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 6:33pm | Report
I follow a trick that led to this result:

"Play at least once everyday (ranked). AT LEAST. If you win it, keep winning. If you lose, then stop. But play once everyday. Then you'll improve your play and eventually you'll get to the elo you deserve to be."

Note I said DESERVE to be. This means that if you are in elo hell and you can't get out of it no matter how many ranked games you play, it could mean you deserved it. I did this and got my elo much higher. My friends did it but they didn't get out. Why? Because they belong there. That's about all I can say. Hope it helped =)

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 6:34pm | Report
Tryn... Akali...
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 6:46pm | Report
I think Trynd got mentioned a couple of times already Duff. :P