Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Hello, I've been playing a lot of Malphite...

Creator: Considereth October 15, 2010 2:11pm
1 2
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2010 2:29pm | Report
it depends on what i'm building. if i decide to focus ad then i'll max brutal strikes, focus survivability i max ground slam, and focusing ap i max shard.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Oberron
<Member>
Oberron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2010 12:28pm | Report
I actually do shards, then slam for my tank build. I find that Shard is just as, if not more, useful than slam for survivability. Many a time I have sharded Rammus near the end of his powerball to outrun him.
Oh yes, Shard gives you a % of the target's CURRENT speed, so it's very, VERY nice to use on someone who just used ghost to catch you. Thanks for the speed buff ***bag! *Wooosh*
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2010 12:31pm | Report
lol. took you seven days to type that?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
jackattack052
<Member>
jackattack052's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2010 4:19pm | Report
Always get Shard fist. Awesome escape/damage/pick out who to F*** first. Ground, then brutal. But get 1 brutal at 4.
The M Master
Malphite
Malzahar
Master Yi
Mordekaiser

Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2010 11:51am | Report
I think Shard is the best way to go even with the nerf. I can still dominate the lane with a Sapphire Crystal/Mana Regen Runes/Spam Shards. I've seen people use Doran Ring to give it extra power early on.

Malphite is so good early to mid game. Late game was even good with sunfire stacking. However, with the nerfs he is just a walking piece of meat that does little to no damage even with a highly power ground slam. I was even stealing lizard buff last game from my team just to do more damage late game lol!

All I can think of to make him a force late game is to stacks some health on him as in Warmog/Banshee/Randuin and build a Atma's Impaler. This way, his Brutal + Atma's Impaler does nice constant damage along with a Ground Slam = I'm contributing to kills on top of tanking for my team.

Any thoughts?

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2011 9:19pm | Report
Well due to Malphite's passive, Granite Shield he is an amazing solo lane that can easily take a 1v2 lane and dominate it combined with Shard.

Therefore I feel it is important to rush Catalyst the Protector Catalyst if you intend to play Malphite correctly as a proper solo lane champion.

Catalyst the Protector

The above is my prefered sequence for Malphite, I play him frequently but do not have time to create a guide to him.
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2011 8:09pm | Report
I almost always build catalyst first with two hearts of gold beside it. ^^ Have you play around with Impaler on him any?

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide