Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Hextech Gunblade or Wota on Morde?

Creator: Rudmed June 22, 2011 11:16am
1 2
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 3:02pm | Report
Problem with anti carry mord= Need to get into meele range...
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 3:04pm | Report
Seems like a bad strat anyway..
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Ragemoarnerd
<Member>
Ragemoarnerd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 12:28pm | Report

Problem with anti carry mord= Need to get into meele range...

That sounds like Moarde in general =O
"I just don't trust PUGS no matter who they play as. I look at them and think level 1." -Rudmed

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for that sexy signature!
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 12:39pm | Report
Oh dont worry, you dont really need to go melee distance for AP anti-carry morde.. he has a pretty okay range.. works a bit like AP sion, hit and run, rinse and repeat tactic
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:30pm | Report
Except that AP Sion two-shots people and Morde... Not so much.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:57pm | Report
Pwnzor1130 wrote:

Except that AP Sion two-shots people and Morde... Not so much.

Assuming that you need 2000 damage in order to "2 shot someone" then Sion will need 700ap to do so.

If you let Mordekaiser's Ult tick off, then you only need about 450 AP to two shot someone with Mordekaiser.

If you are assuming that they absolutely need to be instantly killed with two shots, then Mordekaiser can Two Shot Someone at exactly 700 AP.

Their ratios are identical, practically. Morde's Q Has a 1.4 ratio with Lich Bane, and Morde's E has a .6 ratio. Both of Sion's abilities have 1.0 ratios.

What that means, is that Mordekaiser will be doing A LOT more damage because of his much lower cooldowns (4 seconds and 6 seconds respectively, compared to 8 second and 8 seconds.), and also because of his ability to stay in a fight much longer because of his shield generation, and his Ultimate's spell vamp effect.

The 4 Second cd on Mordekaiser's Q (a melee attack) also means that he will much better support a Lich Bane. He can use it every time it's up, and won't have to Lose his Burst (Sion would have to rotate his abilities to make full use of it) in order to maximize his Lich Bane procs.

That's just a bunch of silly theory crafting though.

With Proper positioning, AP Sion would have the advantage every time because of his stun, and his range.
Tri lane for life.
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 3:20pm | Report
+Rep for that temzilla. lol.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 3:38pm | Report

+Rep for that temzilla. lol.

I just like to show people numbers is all :).
Tri lane for life.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 3:58pm | Report
You forget to account for the fact that Sion usually takes Lich Bane too. That means he has a lot more burst, but Morde has way more DPS.

Tombstone36
<Member>
Tombstone36's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 12:51am | Report
you're also forgetting that morde's mace of spades has both physical and AP ratios, so it benefits from both spell vamp and lifesteal. Also, his creeping death benefits from the spell vamp, as well as his siphon of destruction. I also believe he gains 125% of the damage he does with his ult as hp. So a "hextech funblade" (as i like to call it xD) works really well with mordekaiser. It gives him a lot of what he wants in a single item. On another note, i personally feel that deathfire grasp is one of the best items that morde can get since it's active goes hand in hand with his ult, especially if ur building morde with AP. And with cooldown reduction if u use the 2 abilities together every time, they finish cooldown around the same time. On top of that, AP mordekaiser gets a hefty ammount of AP, especially with rabadons, making Deathfire drain about 40% or so of current HP, while CotG drains more than that. I once got morde to drain up to 99.5% of a target champions HP, as long as deathfire was activated first and the champion was at full hp, and then immediatly followed by CotG. Also, i think that thornemail is better than frozen heart in certain aspects. Since it rebounds 30% of the damage as magic damage, you can really hurt those melee attack champions. But i can see where frozen heart would be of use. Also, as said before, that ranged CC on hextech gunblade doesn't hurt, 50% is considerable.

However, if you're going for that team-support role, WotA might be better, since the spell vamp is an aura and can benefit allies, especially if u have AP carries. But you won't be bringing in as much HP as u would with a hextech gunblade. That hextech gives you both AD and AP, and more AP than WotA does by 5 xD. But basically, the AD bonus buffs your MoS, and the AP buffs all 4 skills. so I would think that hextech funblade is a stronger item for morde, since it does more for him. At least that's my opinion.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide