Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How I would remake : Karma, the Enlightened One.

Creator: Aharan September 17, 2012 6:21pm
1 2 3
Aharan
<Video Contributor>
Aharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 6:21pm | Report
Karma is a fantastic champion, but is need of some help. Late game she either starves and becomes a burden as a support, or becomes an overly glorified support as an AP carry late game. Some changes I have for here are these. Her Ultimate has to go. It simply DOES. She needs an ultimate in order to be more viable. Three skills is simply not enough. But, Karma players like this play of enhancing their abilities. It's fun, unique, and adds a lot of character depth.

So, I say you put her ultimate onto her passive, and rename it "Inner Mantra". Instead of gaining 30/50/70/90/130 ap per %, give it 10/30/50/70/90 AP per %. This allows her to still have this aspect that lets her bait and do incredible plays, but is weaker to compensate for her ultimate that is now on her passive. As for the Mantra aspect, it would be automatically applied, so Soul Shield will have that Mantra aspect up no matter what, as long as there is mantra charges. There would also be three charges, but on a longer cooldown, so you don't feel like you wasted a charge on Spirit Bond.

Of course, the next aspect of Karma we absolutely need to look at is the ultimate. The ultimate I had conceptualized is this. It's called "Fateful Demise". Fateful Demise is a AoE ultimate in a small circle, half the size of Amumu's, and does two things. Enemies will deal decreased damage, but Karma will take increased damage, in addition to a 100/250/400 instant damage to both Karma and enemies alike.

This would inspire Karma to give her own life points in order for her team is come ahead in a fight, and is an interesting game mechanic.

Her Q is in a fine place, I would give it longer range, but shorter width. Just a peeve of mine. Of course, with an ultimate that now scales per level, the sixth level up would be axed from the character in all. No need to change totals in this ability.

Her W. Ugh. This needs buffs. Instead of creating a bond, the flavor text says "Karma latches part of her spirit onto an enemy or ally. If it is an enemy, the enemy will take 50/80/110/140/170 magic damage and will be slowed 12/14/16/18/20 %. Allied anchors will increase movement speed 14/16/18/20/22%." Lower the damage caused by moving through the bond is now the same as the latching to an enemy.

Why this buff? AP Karma needs another spell in order to do damage. One can only do Mantra'd E and Q only so much. The damage aspect in Spirit Bond is only effective in team fights, or if you somehow get a target behind the bonded target. This just allows Karma do make greater use of her W instead of a movement speed buff every 11 seconds. Also, it makes her more FUN!

Her E could use lower numbers, and a .6 ap ratio, something like 70/110/140/180/220. The shield is really. Really. REALLY STRONG. Making it weaker will make up for the buffed W.

This allows Karma to be strong as a support late game, and AP Karma is still viable. And that's how I would remake Karma.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 11:43pm | Report
changing the mantras to make it automatic would ruin her and the idea for the ult you have? possibly the worst idea i have ever seen for an ult why hurt yourself 400 hp and have damage increased to you in an area the size of amumus ult for the enemy team to deal less damage? its basically giving the enemy team a free kill whenever you ult

the automatic mantras is just a terrible idea and giving them a longer CD is even worse because the way her heal works and her passive works even if you change the numbers makes you want to save the mantras for when you have lower health

also using the auto mantra shield near a tower when a champ is near you gives you tower agro so bye bye shield

the spirit bond "buff" is the only thing i agree with so it hurts the champion its latched onto

but this whole rework would -ruin- karma her ult makes her be a free kill and the auto mantras would also destroy her early game and late game for things not being planned

she is an -amazing- late game support if not the best imo if you build her AP/support

her shields can shield upwards to 800 and deal 800 late game
her speed buff is good in team fights specially if it hits people
her heal and damage you deal with wave is already good enough late game since its % based

no offense but this rework is just only gonna make her less viable and a troll pick 100% of the time
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 11:55pm | Report
1) Her new passive would absolutely destroy her. She would be by far the worst champion ever.
2) Her ult would also be incedibly stupid. I does more bad than good.
3) Her W does need a rework. I would say increase the speed boost and either make it damage on target as well or make it like LB's Ethereal Chains, a delayed snare or stun or something.
4) Mantra is fine now. She does NOT need a third charge, despite what many people suggest. However, a CD reduction would unarguably be a very logical and helpful buff.

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 7:13am | Report
what if her mantra'd W pulled someone towards you, both ally and foe.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 7:49am | Report
i don't like it.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Aharan
<Video Contributor>
Aharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 5:20pm | Report
The reasoning I put into this remake is simple. Sure, she might be a great AP support late game, but you are giving up a pure AP mage for a heavy AP Support.
I suppose the ultimate is bad, but ******* IT. The skills need to be good enough on their own to make having only three skills viable, and they aren't up to snuff. The shield is great, no arguing that, but is that it? Her shield alone? Percentage aoe heal as well? She needs her W to be up to snuff, because right now, the damage isn't reliable enough to kill one target and it's just something to use. The movement speed is nice, but there are so many other skills that do it better.

I made this remake to put Karma in line with other champs, because why play Karma when you can play a better support and have a great AP Carry.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 5:55pm | Report
this remake wouldnt put her up to snuff honestly the only good thing in thie remake is what you did with the W which is the only thing that needs work other than her mantras and what you said about the mantras just wont work
Aharan
<Video Contributor>
Aharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 6:14pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

this remake wouldnt put her up to snuff honestly the only good thing in thie remake is what you did with the W which is the only thing that needs work other than her mantras and what you said about the mantras just wont work

Understood, DillButt64. Thanks for the criticism.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 6:58pm | Report
no problem sorry if i may have been a bit harsh
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 9:40pm | Report
No thanks. If played correctly she is broken as hell and one of the greatest utility champs that KEEP insane damage in the game. My guess is, you made this because you haven't seen somebody truly use Karma to her full potential, and this makes me sad. Everybody should see her in godmode at the hands of a skilled player at least once in their LoL careers. It is a sight to behold.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide