Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to build Jax?

Creator: JBucketzEsq May 11, 2012 9:16am
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 4:26am | Report
The lifesteal was reduced by 6% and the proc damage by 75.
CellOne
<Member>
CellOne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 4:27am | Report
Why would you care about 75 proc damage less on top lane?
So 6% lifesteal nerf remaining.
With masteries -> 3% compared to old status.
Not that of a hard nerf...
Y ME NO LIKE VIKINGS.
DAFUQ.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 5:30am | Report
CellOne wrote:

It's not. And they do not "usually" rush Hextech.

It's the other around :p

I prefer

Boots
Wriggles, 0-2 Dorans
Mercurys/Ninja (though if you want Ninja, grab them earlier)
Trinity (PHAGE FIRST)
Hextech

Hextech after it's nerf (which is already some time ago) is not worth a rush anymore. With Jax' old passive it was. But with the new one, Triforce is fitting a lot better. Everything from Triforce is great on the new Jax. Slow (you only have ONE stun), HP (you're squishy concering HP), AS (the more AS, the faster you can stack your passive up), AD/AP (lol), Sheen proc (LOL). And MS is new meta, just get it.

1.7k Elo.

E: remember, there is no build that's good for EVERY lane and situation... this is just the core-build I use with Jax.

hex is still the best item to rush on jax. once you get it no champ can duel you. tbh once you get a bilgewater you will be hard pressed to find a champ that can go toe to toe with you. triforce isnt even core for me due to the fact that it makes you very squishy and vulnerable in teamfights, which currently is a very hard way to play top lanes in teamfights. not saying its a bad item, but there will times where you will want to go mallet, especially with all the raw dps you will already have.

also wriggles should not be core... 2 dorans + vamp scepter is more lifesteal than wriggles gives, at a cheaper cost, with 3 less ad, and with no useless stats if you arent vs ad. build to counter your lane. this should be pretty cliche with tops by now.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
CellOne
<Member>
CellOne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 5:47am | Report
Of course I wouldn't build Wriggle's vs an AP top... :S
But Wriggle's is still good in general due to the defense and the ward, as already mentioned.

And if we start to look at the builds from top players: they use Triforce as well.

I agree that bw is pretty strong for 1on1, but I don't get why Triforce would make you sqishy and vulnerable in teamfights...
What masteries do you use?
Y ME NO LIKE VIKINGS.
DAFUQ.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 6:29am | Report
Well, Hextech Gunblade has more AP and AD than Trinity Force. And AD and AP mean Armor and MR for Jax. It also gives great sustain with lifesteal and spellvamp.
This is also the reason why Guinsoo's Rageblade is back.
CellOne
<Member>
CellOne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 6:56am | Report
And Triforce still has more dmg with the proc and more AS, MS, Crit, HP plus slow. And it's only 10 Ad less.
Y ME NO LIKE VIKINGS.
DAFUQ.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 7:27am | Report
You don't need as and crit, you got enough AS with rageblade. The HP is ignorable if you later go for Warmog's + Atma's.

I normally build him like that: Boots start, Gunblade, Boots upgrade, Rageblade, Warmog's, Atma's, Maw.

No need for Triforce at all.

BTW: If I would have a chance to do 1 little change on Jax, I would double the duration of the passive. 2,5 sec duration are just annoying and Guinsoo's Rageblade has 5 seconds duration aswell.
CellOne
<Member>
CellOne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 7:35am | Report
You also don't need AP.
But you want them. It's damage. And Jax has a high attack speed, why wouldn't you want more damage?

The HP is NOT ignorable. And there not that many games where you will get to full Atmogs.
Also this is nonsense as you are tanky in a late anyway... but following your build you're still squishy on lane.

Rageblade has only 40 AD for a pretty high cost. The most dmg has to come from AP scaling skills. That's W and R on Jax. But with Sheen/Triforce proc W deals a lot more damage.
And as I said, concerning physical damage Triforce is also ahead; only 10 AD less, but more Crits and Attack Speed. Calculate if you don't believe me.
Y ME NO LIKE VIKINGS.
DAFUQ.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 10:26am | Report
250 hp vs 700 or 900+ is a pretty big difference. most high elo players are still rushing hex on him, even though triforce has become a more popular buy. with jax's ult as it is right now building health can really help turn you into a tanky beast, which jax really needs lategame in my opinion just due to how easy he is to kite and shut down in teamfights. as i said before, it's very hard to be squishy and still be viable in a teamfight in this meta. thats why im not sold on triforce every game atm. i do love phage tho, and im not against buying one early. i run 9/21/0

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 11:54am | Report
Ninja Tabi Sheen Hextech Gunblade Hexdrinker Trinity Force Maw of Malmortius, etc etc...

This works nice top lane, but it really depends on who you are fighting. Jax can defeat all, just build situational around gunblade. Guinsoo's Rageblade isn't a bad buy either.
+Rep me if i'm useful!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide