Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Idea for a new meta

Creator: tehAsian March 25, 2012 6:25pm
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 10:44am | Report
XD

About the OP
It's kind of an interesting idea to plan for a "safe" laning phase especially with double ap. I guess maybe if you ran something like vlad kennen (harder to gank ap characters) soraka nasus bot? lol I dunno.

It's just that idea of safety that bothers me. If you jungle Ez or Twitch you should gank like a beast. After all even kill trades on an AD jungler tend to favor you.
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 10:45am | Report
Duff, use "(name)" like a man! ;D

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 10:57am | Report
The only problem I see is the fact that the jungler will have incredibly low gold. If we actually find some AD carries apart from Twitch that has a good jungler, it might be worthwhile. Oh, and there's the problem with botlane, that since the current meta likes to have ranged AD carry bot any bruiser that is not ranged would have to play extremely aggressively to avoid being poked out of lane, which would make AD carry more safe for bot.

I got another Meta idea. Build full off-tank team like Singed top, Cho'Gath jungle, Taric support, Galio mid and Urgot bot. I've done this with my friends a few times. Most people say it won't work, cause of lack of damage, but that is hardly a problem since we can focus their squishies while they have nothing to focus for lategame. When they finally burst down one of our teammates, we have taken all their carries and they suddenly have much less damage than us ^^
There is no victory without humility.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 11:01am | Report

I got another Meta idea. Build full off-tank team like Singed top, Cho'Gath jungle, Taric support, Galio mid and Urgot bot. I've done this with my friends a few times. Most people say it won't work, cause of lack of damage, but that is hardly a problem since we can focus their squishies while they have nothing to focus for lategame. When they finally burst down one of our teammates, we have taken all their carries and they suddenly have much less damage than us ^^

That works and it's ****in annoying.

Last game, here was their team: Morde mid, Vlad top, Cho+Blitz bot, Maokai jungle.

Our jungler was bad which didn't help things but, we couldn't kill any of them even with our good AoE damage. There was also a lot of "Mundo never goes in to fights at full HP" **** but, we lost anyway because of bad positioning and game changing Blitz grabs.
True love is found only in yourself.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 11:03am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

Duff, use "(name)" like a man! ;D

wot
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 11:04am | Report
Bruisers are pretty Tanky early on, and a lot of them have built in sustain, coupled with support heals it'll be very difficult to push them out of lane.

5 man Offtank wouldn't work. Last Whisper and 5 ranged carries would wreck them. Also, no damage. Life steal would out heal your damage, QSS to remove any grievous wounds, AND reduce damage from thornmail.

Also, zeke's herald,
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 11:59am | Report
I assume you were going to say something more? 5 ranged carries is the easiest counter in the game. Frozen heart + Thornmail = gg. No damage you say? Well, in teamfights, off-tanks got more than enough damage to focus down a squishy champion, and that's what counts. The team with the squishy ad carry would be vulnerable to focus, while the tanky off-tank team didn't have to protect anyone, so they could just charge in and kill their squishy carry, leaving them with the advantage in damage.

More tanky + damage advantage = gg.
There is no victory without humility.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 12:15pm | Report
5 ad carry comp is the ****tiest garbage ever conceived. 5 bruisers would wreck them.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 12:21pm | Report
Then explain why no teams today run 5 man bruiser.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2012 12:37pm | Report
IT'S SURE NOT BECAUSE THE COUNTER IS 5 MAN AD CARRY.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide