Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Is it me or does Trinity Force seem good on...

Creator: Considereth June 16, 2011 5:34pm
1 2 3
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 5:34pm | Report
Like seriously, have you people tried this on him yet? Good overall damage, I'm building him like Jarvan right now lol.

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 5:36pm | Report
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 5:36pm | Report
In theory AD/AS Maokai could work since you're an excellent chaser and you have a lot of sustain with your passive, especially in team fights (ESPECIALLY when there's a vlad/ryze/other spammer in the game).

Still, I think that since a lot of people are building him roam/support (gold per 5), it's just less costly to build AP/support/tanky Maokai.

EDIT: Damn, Trojan, that link was useful. AP/Triforce Maokai, never thought of that. o.o
Considereth
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 5:41pm | Report
Lol, he is building very similar to me Trojan.

Right now I'm more focus on cooldown reduction and trinity force proc. As of right now his cooldown are damn long.

I'm was thinking Spirit Visage on him might be worth the buy as it scales with his passive and gives the much need cooldown reduction.

Lets theorycraft the hell out of this guy. If we are able to come up with a very good build I will put it into a guide and give you all credit of course.

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Considereth
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 5:41pm | Report
Lol, we need to inhouse with two mao on each side in order to effective test the damage Jebus xD!

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 5:42pm | Report

Lol, we need to inhouse with two mao on each side in order to effective test the damage Jebus xD!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 6:04pm | Report
For some theory crafting:

- duo or solo top lane. Chu8 prefers solo top/mid, but currently I see all maokais take bot lane. I don't think mid would be good, because anyone with range should be able to shut him down, but I guess we either have to test it ourselves or trust chu8 on this one.

-definitely start with regrowth + pot, then turn into philo stone. Mao needs mana, and money too if he wants a trinity force. a Heart of gold would be good for him too, if 1 philo is enough - if not, 2 philos instead of 1 philo/1 hog. I'm not quite sure how necessary tenacity is on mao, so it depends if elysia's is situational or not.

-though Chu8 says banshee's after elysia's miracle, I'm thinking that considereth is right and we should go spirit visage instead. However, getting 40% cdr will need a bit more than just that. Maybe this order:

regrowth + pot
philo + boots (+ 1 or 2 heart of gold if you have good start)
sorc + sheen
triforce
miracle (situational?)
spirit visage
morello's evil tome
rylai's/rabadon's
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 12:09am | Report
lulz!?
It makes me wanna play him today... XD XD
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Considereth
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 9:53am | Report
I'll try Morello on him as well Trojan lol! I'm going to play him in ranked, probably going to lose some elo lololol!

Get on it Dewo, he is so fun xD!

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 10:19am | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

- duo or solo top lane. Chu8 prefers solo top/mid, but currently I see all maokais take bot lane. I don't think mid would be good, because anyone with range should be able to shut him down, but I guess we either have to test it ourselves or trust chu8 on this one.

I used to lane Maokai mid. His sapling toss buys him a large section of mid when used to harass and will easily keep him alive
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide