Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Items for Reclaiming Your Lane

Creator: BluAnimal October 15, 2012 5:17am
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 6:31pm | Report
Are there really no other items out there other than Dorans or GP/ten however? Feels very constricting considering the game we're talking about is LoL. Would building, for instance, Brutalizer on an AD top for the spike in damage be possible? As a desperation move, hope to kill them with a bunch of AD?
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 6:57pm | Report
Brutalizer is a tad too expensive. I would rather go triple dorans over brut 90% of the time anyway because you have a better chance winning a fight with the stats they give, and upgrading isn't too much of a concern since youmuu's is bad anyway.
Psychofrench
<Member>
Psychofrench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 7:12pm | Report
I noticed that Fatelblade has Jayce as an avatar, and I just started playing Jayce and yes, I like byuilding Brutalizer early on him rather than stacking Doran's. I might get one, but 3 is a bit too much, takes up too many item slots while the Brutalizer can be useful until you have a full build. I like getting wards and itemizing so I need those open slots as long as possible.
KoreanSP
<Member>
KoreanSP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 7:29pm | Report
Depends on your champion. Someone like Jarvan top who is behind can afford GP10's and rely on jungle ganks to 'reclaim' the lane. Someone like Jayce might force the wave to be pushed hard in order to force a mid game where he gains much momentum. Someone like Lee Sin can stack Doran's Blades and rely on jungle ganks+ massive damage/sustain from the blades.
#2 Comprehensive Solo Top Olaf Guide

#3 Alistar Guide Comprehensive Alistar Guide

Gladly will help out anyone as well. PM me to check out a guide, or anything! Plat player - Top Lane main.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 7:31pm | Report
Brutalizer good for snowballing lanes you're ahead in, not if you're behind.

J4 has tons of utility, so if he goes gp5 into a tank/bruiser role he isn't really hurt that much.

I was also watching a HotShotGG stream the other day, where he went double Doran's Shield vs a Jayce, and it seemed to work well.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 9:07pm | Report
When I'm losing my lane, I start blaming my jungler.

Seriously though, I get a Chain vest or negatron, sometimes along a lil'doran or something.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
Raiyuzaki
<Member>
Raiyuzaki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 11:31pm | Report
At least 1 Doran's if I feel like I'm falling behind. It's usually enough to get me back in the game, and hopefully, it'll help to survive long enough to get a kill or two.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 9:57am | Report

Dorans if you think you can catch up, gp/10 if you cant.

Spot on, good analysis. If we are talking about "coming back from losing a lane", then we are obviously still in early game, where Dorans items are actually really good. For some champs i will go for as many as 3 dorans items (3 Doran's Rings has almost as much mana regen as blue buff, REALLY helpful for spam farm push champs like Zyra), but if i am playing a bruiser i typically go for meta golem if i am at a stalemate/losing (meta golem is gp10 items leading to stuff like Frozen Mallet, Atma's Impaler, Maw of Malmortius, et cetera, things that are really powerful on champs like Wukong Jayce, Darius, and j4). If you are comfortable with how the fight is going in the rest of the lanes, go ahead and do the gp10 items for late game dominance. If however the rest of your lanes aren't winning, going dorans to try to get an edge with the help of your jungler might be a better bet.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:10am | Report
FatelBlade wrote:

Are there really no other items out there other than Dorans or GP/ten however? Feels very constricting considering the game we're talking about is LoL. Would building, for instance, Brutalizer on an AD top for the spike in damage be possible? As a desperation move, hope to kill them with a bunch of AD?

If you are losing the lane, the enemy simply has to copy your build to keep winning lane.

It doesn't matter what items exist in the game, it's a matter of gold.
Tri lane for life.
Keltocdragon
<Member>
Keltocdragon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:24am | Report
Cheap item's with scary lookin stats are usually a good bet for early/mid game lane recovery
Say wriggles and Executioners Calling being 2 item's for an easy boost while not really giving much of anything for the late game.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide