Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Jarvan 4 top lane

Creator: caucheka March 7, 2013 5:51pm
1 2
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 5:51pm | Report
everyone remember philostone jarvan?

start with juvy bead and fairy charm. when you go back with money get a philostone and a spirit stone.

spirit stone gets upgraded to a Spirit of the Ancient Golem, allowing you to buy ninja tabi.

what do you think of that?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 6:00pm | Report
I haven't the slightest idea of his matchups, but I'm 99% certain spirit of the ancient golem would suck **** on top jarvan. Philostone...perhaps.

DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 6:36pm | Report
Yup, Spirit of the Ancient Golem does indeed suck **** on non-junglers. And even on most junglers it's still bad lol. Not sure why you want to actually make a build focused on that item for top lane lol.

And if you're gonna go J4 you should abused his stupid lane damage imo. philosopher's stone is the exact opposite of that, you trade damage for late game monies. I'd only play him if I know my jungler will gank a lot/camp my lane because J4's CC and damage is so stupid (but he runs out of mana quickly as hell though so you need a gank to make sure you kill)
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 8:22pm | Report
Jarvan top is OK, his matchups overall are pretty shaky which is his main problem. His mana problems aren't that bad if you get used to him and he can really go to town on passive enemy top laners by abusing his passive, but its hard to overcome some matchups.
GreenFrogs
<Member>
GreenFrogs's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2013 2:06am | Report
Bro, bring him mid and build him full AD with a randuins at the end for justice. Enemy team says GG too fast.
If you think I did a good job criticizing a guide or giving helpful info, or for just being a bawz of a bro, rep would be awesome :)

OR

Check out Dat Kha'zix Guide
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 7:06am | Report
Getting a philo on j4 is a throwback to metagolem, which was a very popular bruiser build back in S2 (R.I.P. HOG). Yes it CAN work if you want lategame dominance and can trust your jungler to give great ganks top for you to have advantage that way, but alot of pros rush a bruta then build nearly straight tank after that. Just IMO.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2013 10:04pm | Report
Re read it... I think the point here is to get the high amount of health regen from the philo and spirit stones together for good lane staying power, then getting the good health boost, extra armor, and tenacity from SotAG leaving your boot choice more open instead of being forced to get the merc treads to get your tenacity. The neutral monster damage passive is ignored because the other stats are pretty damn good for the price. All that considered, if you are facing an AD top laner and the enemy mid lane has gotten shut down pretty hard, a viable option. But a situational one.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 12:37am | Report
boots of choice in this situation would be ninja tabi.

as dark percy said, jarvan has a mana problem. philo + spirit stone is a bonus 3.1 a second.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Fruyti
<Member>
Fruyti's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 3:27am | Report
Just play him jungle... he has a lot of utility and just needs a small amount of items. You can get a stronger top that scales bettet due to their kit synergy with items.
Shoryureppa
<Member>
Shoryureppa's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 7:33am | Report
Top j4 is really strong if you can land your skills + your passive in trades.

I don't go philo stone tho lol
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide