Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Jax Attack Speed Number Crunch

Creator: x99 RedballonsX October 3, 2011 7:53pm
1 2 3 4 5
x99 RedballonsX
<Member>
x99 RedballonsX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 7:53pm | Report
ATTENTION: if you aren't interested in a ton of mathematics skip to the bottom

So after obsessing about Jax for a bit too long on day, I got bored and decided to do some number crunching on his attach speed values using excel. Using the formula for attack speed:

AS=(baseAS)*[(ASperlvl*17+BonusAS)*1.04+100]/100
where the baseAS for jax is .638, ASperlvl*17 is 57.8, and the 1.04 is if you get the Ardor mastery in the defensive tree

now using this model, and by adding in different items speed bonuses, we can determine what the final AS value for Jax is with different items included.
HOWEVER, there is another stat this pretty important that is a little more difficult to determine with Jax, how long does it take to build up all of his attacks and reach his final attack speed?

10 attacks are needed to reach max AS, and considering that AS=attacks/sec, normally to figure out how many seconds would take to reach 10 attacks you would just multiply the inverse of the AS by 10 so that the units of attacks would cancel out and just leave you with seconds. BUT with jax, his attack speed changes per attack..... so which one do you use?!

lets simplify this a little to figure this out. If it was a static attack speed and we just wanted to figure out how long it would take for 2 attacks, it would just be (1/AS)*2=time... but this can also be written as (1/AS)+(1/AS)=time.
Well, since the AS changes with each attack for Jax, if we plug in the individual AS values for each separate attack like so (1/AS1)+(1/AS2)+(1/AS3)+.....=total time, we can determine the total time it takes to reach the full AS value!!

IN CONCLUSION:
after number crunching, these are the final results that I have gathered for Jax:

No Items: Final: 1.950 Time: 6.735(s)
Rageblade: Final: 2.163 Time: 6.244(s)
40%AS: Final: 2.216 Time: 5.690(s)
50%AS : Final: 2.282 Time: 5.478(s)
Rgbld+40%: Final: 2.428 Time: 5.328(s)
Rgbld+50%: Final: 2.495 Time: 5.140(s)
40%+40%: Final: 2.481 Time: 4.930(s)
40%+50%: Final: 2.500 Time: 4.779(s)

As you can see, getting an AS item in addition to your Rageblade can make a huge difference, not only do you get to your max AS faster (almost a full second), your max AS is also higher (by a full .25)!

I used 40% and 50% particularly to represent the recurve bow items and malady respectfully.

P.S. if your interested in looking at the excel file I used to crunch everything, send me a message
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 1:52am | Report
What's the point of this again?

AS is always "useful" until you reach 2.5 attacks per second.
Tho it gets less effective when your enemies aren't standing still.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 4:14am | Report
I think I can see the (a?) point. Getting rageblade alone is a relatively bad option - hence why many Jax players recently stick to the idea of having Gunblade as the only damage item and build the rest tanky - no Rageblade, because the difference barely noticable.

So, if you want Rageblade, make sure to build another attack speed item too. (I guess Wits End would be prefered, since it also makes you tanky).
--> Never Build Rageblade as only Attack Speed item on Jax

edit: Oh, and, thanks for the effort, Redballons ^^

Considering Rageblade: If the Champion can effectively use both AP and AD parts, it's a very very cost efficient item with attack speed on top of it. Jax uses this perfectly fine. So if you need more damage, it's a very efficient option.
--> although it's effiency is dramatically increased if you have another attack speed item
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 4:30am | Report
No, Rageblade works fine without other AS items because it activates on spells too, so he can get 3-5 stacks instantly depending on ult CD and dodge. His W as a really short CD anyways.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 8:42am | Report
Still, Rageblade + Wit's is the best combo for Jax, if you want to get AS.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 10:04am | Report
^ Nope.

If you buy rageblade, just buying a simple dagger (420 gold) makes a HUGE difference.

You can continue immediately onto your Gunblade at that point.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 10:33am | Report
Wait, you buy your Gunblade first. Then you buy Rageblade, Wit's End and Atma's...

Last item can be anything you want. Maybe even a second Gunblade.

Oh, and boots are mercury's^^.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 11:00am | Report
Yeah however you choose to do it, the dagger still makes a huge difference.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 3:18pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Wait, you buy your Gunblade first. Then you buy Rageblade, Wit's End and Atma's...

Last item can be anything you want. Maybe even a second Gunblade.

Oh, and boots are mercury's^^.

Merc treads not ever unless you're against a full AP team, and even then they still AA...Ninja Tabi to help boost your dodge chance>mercs. Stun up more often and you can clobber all AD carries...That's the point of Ninja Tabi+ Counterstrike....
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 5:26am | Report
-.- epic fail.

CC can easily stop Jax. You need the Tenacity...

Your dodge chance with Counter Strike and Greater Seal of Evasion is high enough.

And your stun has also a cd...
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide