Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Jax Attack Speed Number Crunch

Creator: x99 RedballonsX October 3, 2011 7:53pm
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 6:47am | Report
Actually, I think you should be running Tabi in most cases even if there is CC on the enemy team. I'd only go Merc if I'm afraid of being chain CCed.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 6:51am | Report
I wonder why they just don't rename ninja tabi to "Jax's shoes".
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 6:52am | Report
Haha, true ^_^
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 10:00am | Report
i think u should go tabi almost every game but if u need the tanacity just go cloak*n'dagger. My jax build is mainly gunblade -> guinsoos -> atmas -> REALLY tanky.
Stacking AS is pretty bad on melees imo since you wont get the most benefit from it w/o extra movespeed and stuff. Just go as much as as you can handle as a player (ie attackwalking). Imo rageblade is really strong since it gives you ap, ad and some as to top it off. dont know why ppl think its all about the as (even tho thats pretty sweeeeet ;) )
but it really depends on playstyle. if you plan on laning/splitpushing alot (which you should) gunblade is jsut the perfect item <3
for teamfighting idk what to build. prolly gunblade -> full tank idk but imo splitpushing is the way to go on him
greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
castlemanRC
<Member>
castlemanRC's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 6:35am | Report
I agree completely. Since all tenacity items are now 35%, ninja tabi and another tenacity item is the way to go, ninja tabi being the only dodge item available in the game (afaik). Jax can NEVER have enough dodge! :)

Also, fwiw, (rageblade + malady + ult) gives you max attack speed when fully stacked, without any other runes or items. As a result, I wouldn't necessarily even go w/ cloak'n'dagger, I would probably go w/ Eleisa's Miracle. I know that normally Jax doesn't have mana issues, but mana regen is still always nice, and you can never have enough health regen!
Thanks to NamelessBard, WaffleWarrior, Deathanatos, Samoh, LaCorpse and Jeffy40Hands for the sigs
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 6:52am | Report
And you can get more gold through an early philosopher's stone.^^

That would also increase your lane power, so you don't need Wriggle's Lantern.

But don't get Malady, it sucks on Jax. Get Wit's End.

Build:

Item Sequence

Health Potion 50
Health Potion 50
Health Potion 50
Nomad's Medallion 850
Vampiric Scepter 900
Ninja Tabi 1100
Bilgewater Cutlass 1600
Hextech Gunblade 3000
Guinsoo's Rageblade 3000
Eleisa's Miracle 1100
Null-Magic Mantle 450
Chain Vest 800
Atma's Impaler 2300
Wit's End 2800
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 7:19am | Report
Played Jax numerous of times (one of the Domi abuser xD)

@Nickname you for real?
I mean its preference if you wanna get Bilgewater or Revolver first (def Hextech imo that slow isnt worth it) but Philo Stone o0?
I mean normally Jax misses sth to replenish life, but you went straight for 3 pots and Vampiric afterwards..?
Maybe the extra money, but you´ll lose your edge early since you spent your first 2,5k gold without getting any real dmg burst.

Also that Atmas/Wits End.
Wits seems fine but you get it WAY too late + its only 2nd tier (If you rly need that MR you´ll be flattened by then and laughed at afterwards..)
Also with your build you shoulkd be around 2,5k Hp by the time you get Atmas, seems fine, but you rly dont need that crit + Atmas isnt rly helping against caster teams (even with that extra Hp from its AD buff).

Combining what i said about Wits and Atmas: Why not go for Abyssal (Boosts your life/ap/mr/and reduces theirs Mr) since a Jax played with Hextech and Rageblade is doing 2/3 magical dmg.
And if their AD carries starting to get mean grab Thornmail.
If yu want some Tenacity: Moonflair ? Giving you some dmg/life.

Also: Why the **** is everbody missing Nashor´s Tooth on Jax? o0
A Jax on Hextech/Rageblade/Nashor/Ninja will crush anything. (Ok 1/4 items are boots and 2/4 damn expensive *cough*)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 7:34am | Report
Well, you never looked at HotshotGG playing Jax, right? Atma's Impaler is perfect because it scales multiple times with your passive.

Nashor's Tooth is bad, because it has only Attack Speed and no defence on it. You want only items which give you both defence and offence. Nashor's Tooth is generally a bad item.

Abyssal Mask can be good, but at my build I need the extra AS from Wit's End, so.. Jax also has his mr on the ultimate.

Philosopher's stone first, because you get that way more gold. Jax is more a lategame oriented champ and that way you boost it very much. And you need it for Eleisa's Miracle.

You can get Pickaxe instead of Vampiric Scepter.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 7:48am | Report
You explained most of the things ppl can see, dude...

First: Nope I didnt watch HotshotGG. I couldnt care less. (Ofc some references from pros but "OMFG he did that lets copy him" not rly my thing.)

Atmas scales multiple times? I could figure that:
Lets say 2,5k Hp, 2% converted into Ad = 50Ad, x3 converted into life = 150 Life, 2% converted into Ad... you get it?

I already get that gold thingy on Philo, but i wouldnt want Eleisa later so in exchange for some gold if you rly need tenacity: Moonflair.

And combining the rest.
You get Hextech and Rageblad first (~6k g!) and tell me "you want defense" ???
Therefore i´d say we analyze the enemy team. If say are balanced how about you go for Abyssal after Hex and Rage and than you´ll get Nashor (You need AS but you put Wits on the end of your list? I guess/hope you´d switch some things if necassary) but even so, you can also only complete Stinger early and leave it for later.

Also, that "...I need the extra AS from Wit's End, so.. Jax also has his mr on the ultimate."? Are you rly telling me you dont need MR early thanks to your ulti but refuse to grab Nashor cause it lacks defence..???

Pls tell me when you start and/or stop making sense...?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 9:11am | Report
First, Hextech Gunblade and Guinsoo's Rageblade offer great HP with your passive. Combined with Dodge and the magicresist on your ult it is enough into midgame.

moonflair blade is the worst of the tenacity items. philosopher's stone is a great item for lane sustain, gives gold and builds into a great tenacity item. So why not?

Again Nashor's Tooth is bad, because it doesn't provide resists or mayor ap/ad for hp. You don't need the cdr and nobody buys it...

And you have no item spot for Nashor's Tooth+ Abyssal Mask, because I play with Atma's Impaler. So I want a combination of both. What is that? Well, Wit's End...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide