Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jax - Leap Strike or Empower?

Creator: Wintermond May 14, 2011 3:07am
Atheb
<Member>
Atheb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 2:04pm | Report
i started to change my skillorder from maxing leap before empower its really nice. the reduced
Another question: what marks do you prefer? insight or desolation?
atm i use the mpen ones as i thought it helps his burst (leapempower) as well as his auto attacking (the proc of his ultimate)

recently started playing jax and i really really like him^^. feels a bittish like he needs some changes but overall really fun to play champ
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 2:11pm | Report
I really think it depends on the edge you give him. If you build him more AD, go desolation and if you Build him more AP, go insight. But generally I think Insight will be better because his magic damage is usually a bit higher than his physical damage if built hybrid.
But in the end it's more your playstyle and preference that decides this.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Joax2
<Member>
Joax2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 11:11pm | Report
easily W
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 6:19pm | Report
Before his buff I maxed empower first because you always had to empower before the leap, if you cant leap, then you can still last hit a minion. Now I max Q first since you can empower during the leap, which lets you conserve mana especially if you go for the leap but the retreat. I only play him if I can get solo top or mid. It is true he is all about the burst.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 11:37am | Report
The leap, there is just something scary about sitting there farming minions early game then suddenly! Leap strike 1/4 HP gone. That harass is amazing with him as you can jump, then walk back before they know what the hell just happened. Then late game, that jump is just so powerful (now that you can use empower during the leap)
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 11:49am | Report
@Ya1232 It was always that powerful, it was just you had to activate Empower before Leapstrike, and that gave away your intentions. Now they don't know until you do it =)
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 11:59am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

@Ya1232 It was always that powerful, it was just you had to activate Empower before Leapstrike, and that gave away your intentions. Now they don't know until you do it =)

Exactly, thats why I stated "now that you can do it during the leap"
I think because of that, it makes leap MORE powerful. That surprise makes it what it is.
tho you are right its the same, I just like finding that one person that forgets about Empower and eats a leap early game :D
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:31pm | Report
I only play him solo top or mid since 1v1 laning with him is so devastating given the hit and run nature of his laning phase. He's kind of like Lee Sin in that sense though.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:34pm | Report
I am maxing his Q now, too, since I became an extremely agressive player with him and nearly always use it when it is off CD and the whole Gameplay is just much stronger with a maxed out Q.
You can literally sit in the brush all the laning phase, coming out for last hits and for leaps on your enemy.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Phoenix General
<Member>
Phoenix General's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 11:39am | Report
I would rather max out empower 1st because in early game you don't have much ap making leap strike deal less dmg than empower. Empower scales much more base dmg per lvl than leap strike. Also, lvling up empower 1st will fix early mana issues as well as give out more dmg output than leapstrike. One empower is 20 mana and deals more dmg early game than leap strike. Empower is much more spammable and costs less mana. With 3 empower hits the cost is 60 total and deals 259 dmg at its 1st lvl. With 1 leap strike the cost is 65 and deals only 60.5 dmg.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide