Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Jungle Gangplank theorycraft thread

Creator: Trojan995 June 21, 2011 7:40pm
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 3:36pm | Report
@Searz I just got home, looking into it now, the setup I had before the patch no longer works.
I've had 4 bad attempts, and 2-3 decent ones, doing another now.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 6:22pm | Report
Its successful. You need at least a decent tether, much better with a strong tether though.
If you can get a tether at both wolves and golem, thats even better.
Regardless, once you get get at least a sheen and a zeal, you are one scary pirate.
Note: grab wriggles, keep it until you fill up your other item slots, sell it late game for a better item.
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 1:29pm | Report
Whats the status on Jungle GP for everyone else?
Stonewall just bumped GP up to tier 2 on the jungle tier list if that matters to anyone.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 1:36pm | Report
He's SUPER fast. Like Trundle, his Parrrley greatly increases the chance of Madred's procs, making jungling fast and a fast dragon quite possible. His ganking is quite scary - I did some testing, and red buff off of Parrrley inflicts the MELEE slow (10/20/30%) instead of the ranged slow because Gangplank is a melee champion. Add that on to his base slow from his passive and it's very difficult to get away from a Gangplank gank without popping summoners.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 2:14pm | Report
I finish the superior route in 05:15 (-+5sec, can't remember).
He needs offensive masteries to be that fast though. 21/0/9.
AD quints, AS marks, armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs. Vamp scepter start.
AS marks speed his jungling up by 10-30sec, depending on how you combine them (I usually take 15ArP into the jungle (10 in runes then), but GP gets about 10-20sec (can't remember) faster, so I think AS marks is the way to go, ignoring ArP runes totally)
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 3:37pm | Report
Uhmm can I run crit marks and AS glyphs? I miss criting 1827931 with parrley
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 6:05pm | Report
I've done it quite a few times with both full AS runes and a mix (was using 15ArPen) with the Stonewall route. In terms of clearing the jungle, it's pretty much the same, but when it comes to ganking and fighting in general, the passive's 5 stacks makes full AS much more appealing. This way, you actually dont even need offensive items until mid/late game in order to do damage. Keeping a red buff is WAY enough. My best games so far were something like:

AS Red/Quint
Armor Yellow
Mres/lvl Blue

Boots
Warmog
Atma
Some magic res
Infinity Edge
Whathever else.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 9:43am | Report
Currently I'm running:

Marks/Quints to reach 12 ArP, 14% AS (like Stonewall suggests)

Armor seals
Choice glyphs (MR for me)

21/0/9

Both Cloth Armor+5 Pots or Vamp Scepter are viable starts, it just depends on whether you want to aggressively gank at level 4 or a more sustained jungle at level 5.

Current item build is something like:

Razors
Wriggles
CDR boots
Sheen

Ideally your late game build for me is Atma's, Warmog's, Banshee's, Triforce, CDR boots, and maybe Randuin's. Atmog's seems quite effective on GP.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:33pm | Report
@Jebus
What time do you get when going the superior path?
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 5:43pm | Report
Searz wrote:

@Jebus
What time do you get when going the superior path?

I haven't ran the superior path recently.

Stonewall gets 5:15 though.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide