Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jungling Renekton with Doran's Shield and...

Creator: Adovid June 28, 2011 10:29am
1 2
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 10:29am | Report

I found this while testing Jungling with Renekton.

With 21 in defensive masteries, armor seals, arp marks, arp Quint, Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction and a Doran's Shield or a Regrowth Pendant(Doran's Shield left me with just a tad more health) I was able to just barely take blue solo lvl 1 including the lizards(I still had to go back for a potion but I only needed 1 potion). You have to use Ruthless Predator and Smite and then save Rutheless Predator again for when you get 50 fury so it stuns the Golem just long enough to not kill you with that last hit-- it gets really close.

Renekton didn't have so much luck trying to accomplish this with Vampiric Scepter and I had to buy too many Health Potions trying to run Cloth Armor.

This basically means you don't Dragon but my experience with getting Wriggle's Lantern on Renekton has not been a positive one-- mainly because of his really poor attack speed.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 10:50am | Report
This is just confusing.
Why are you starting at blue?
I'm pretty sure the clear time is terrible..
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Summoner
<Member>
Summoner's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 10:51am | Report
It would probably be better if you had a leash - when I tested Jungle Renekton, I finished golem with a 9/21 1/21/8 setup with same runes (but MR glyphs) at about 60% health with one hit with a leash. I started with Cloth Armor + 3 pots. I completed an entire route with another quick leash on lizard with all 3 pots used and ended up at 1/2 health.

The cloth armor turns into randuins later on.

Searz wrote:

This is just confusing.
Why are you starting at blue?
I'm pretty sure the clear time is terrible..

Pretty much, but starting at golem allows you to clear the jungle quicker thanks to the CDR. The stun is helpful and it allows you to not need to smite big wraith. (Stun - hit - Cull The Meek - hit, dead).

The fastest clear time I've had with Renekton is 5:44, which is pretty slow. The cool thing about jungle renekton is his double blink ganks are strong, and if the enemy has someone who would win against him in lane, he can farm very safely.
PINK
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 10:54am | Report
NEVER jungle without xp masteries...
Summoner
<Member>
Summoner's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 11:00am | Report
Oh, I meant 1 offense, 8 utility 21 defense.

Oops.
PINK
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 11:51am | Report
No, he's probably best off with 21/0/9 or 0/21/9.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 11:56am | Report
But if you jungle, you need improved smite^^.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 1:20pm | Report
Summoner wrote:

The fastest clear time I've had with Renekton is 5:44, which is pretty slow. The cool thing about jungle renekton is his double blink ganks are strong, and if the enemy has someone who would win against him in lane, he can farm very safely.

05:44 when going blue->golems? O_o
Woooooow, that's slow. Normal is about 04:00. I finish the superior route in less time than that (wolves->golems(skipping red)->b->blue->golems)
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 1:56pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

But if you jungle, you need improved smite^^.

No, no you don't.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2011 8:22pm | Report
Hmmm... After playing him, yea it does take like 5 min to clear but I have to go back to base once.

Those flat Armor Seals seems to be the only seals I can use to keep him able to take the blue right now, health seals didn't seem to cutt it. I basically just used the same masteries as Evil Inside's build which gave me magic pen for ult and cooldown reduction with some crit.

I tried running him with more attack speed and tweeking it so that he has exactly 24 armor penetration for the ancient golem with runes and masteries and the rest is attack speed. It basically didn't feel any different so I figure stick with the 9-21-0. If you get less than the armor pen you need it also falls short.

Trying to run 0-21-9 also didn't work. You kill the Golem but the minions kill you-- yea it's that close, 10 hp difference.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide