Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Lane Shaco

Creator: Booshido May 7, 2011 7:10am
1 2
Melarith
<Member>
Melarith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2011 2:27pm | Report
At the end of the day, Shaco is as best when he's in the jungle.

But who cares? This isn't 2K ELO, or super-serious tournaments we're playing. He manages his own in a lane just fine, and if you have fun while doing it, then don't stop.

Just don't mid with Warwick.
The purpose of Shen is to flip out and kill people.
- Phreak
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2011 3:49pm | Report
midwick/lanewick/magewick is op, ye ill try straight for counter jungle
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2011 6:41pm | Report

Laning shaco is just bad, if you want to make something out of it, play AP..

I wouldnt say that AP shaco is BAD, I actually like it quite alot (even though I played it only 2-3 times).. The AP scales well with the boxes and two-shiv.

AD shaco is strong, but he needs a nice jungle to feed on and surprise gank people. AP shaco can hold his lane really well, but he lacks the power to push lanes. Still I feel that AP shaco has much more burst which is needed for laning and can participate more in team fights.

If you are playing AD, stick to the jungle.

The words of someone who hasn't actually tried properly executing AD Lane Shaco, ranking up W first.

Look at Jack-in-the-Box's stats. The AP Ratio is not all that impressive, while the base damage at all ranks are solidly strong at the appropriate phases of the game without the need for AP.

I've tried AD Shaco in lane in the same play style as AP Shaco.
It's no virtually no different in terms of box-bait ganks, except my chasing is much strong. As a target gets caught in a pile of boxes, my Deceive Crits significantly harder, and I can entrap them with Two-Shiv's slow as they try to run, forcing them into letting me proc BackStab for maximum damage.

Most of the time, it goes far smoother then AP Shaco, with the only exceptions being when they plain tank the boxes (great, right?) stun me, and proceed to chop me to itty bitty jester bits.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm not saying AD Shaco shouldn't be in the jungle.
I'm saying if you're going laning with Shaco, AD is actually better then (or equal to) AP in a superior variety of scenarios.

The only singular instance where AP Shaco is better is warding harass mid game. Leave JitBs in strategic points, and they'll shoot off 10~20% of an enemy's HP away just for walking by. Either making them want to recall, or making them an easier kill when your teammates meet that unlucky someone.

It's like facing an AP Teemo.
-randomly walking...- OWW! That smarts! -whole chunk of HP gone-
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 2:28am | Report
Back to Jungle /Thread
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 4:08am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Look at Jack-in-the-Box's stats. The AP Ratio is not all that impressive, while the base damage at all ranks are solidly strong at the appropriate phases of the game without the need for AP.

The AP ratio is a little below average, not bad. An AP ratio of 0.25 per 100flat damage is normal.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Illuvitarian
<Member>
Illuvitarian's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 11:26am | Report
Why not just hybrid in lane? Working to gunblade first then rageblade all this after boots with a little cooldown red and you can two shiv to last hit minions quite nice that all IMO and I'm certainly no pro

+rep me if you like what I got to say. Semper Fi!

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide