Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Malady and Madred's Bloodrazor, two useless items

Creator: NicknameMy May 4, 2012 1:58pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 8:40am | Report
Explain the flaw please.

Mantle gives 24 MR. Malady takes 24MR with full stacks, and its not hard to get full stacks.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 8:43am | Report
I did. As I'm sure you already know, resistances have diminishing returns, so each point of MR gives you more damage reduction at lower amounts. Therefore if they have a Null-Magic Mantle your Malady is giving you less of a damage increase because it's taking away the lower value, diminished returns MR and not the high value base MR. They have still reduced the damage you do to them, and they have also reduced the value of your MR reduction.

It's a misconception to say that flat pen/reduction items counter resistance items when it's actually the opposite way around. And I'm not even getting into the fact that Malady is 1825g while a Null Magic Mantle is 400g to more or less negate the passive.

TL;DR: Flat pen/reduction is better against targets with low resistances because of diminishing returns.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 9:09am | Report
Quoted:

25% of Madred's damage goes away with 30 Mr which is a champ's base MR.

Just pointing out, but the same argument applies to basically any damage-dealing item. And most champions have well over 30 armor at level 18, even accounting for ArPen in its various forms. So either there's no point building damage items, or there's a flaw in your argument.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 9:32am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Reworks are basically theory crafting about how to change something so that it is better.

And this thread was started to find out why Madred's Bloodrazor and Malady aren't viable and theory craft about how to fix that.

Don't rephrase it.
This thread was started by YOU because YOU have a problem with those items, I'm not trying to surpress personal opinion, but everything that you "reworked" up until now and misposted in the Theory Crafting forum is stuff that belongs in the Champions&Items section.

"Theory Crafting" is for discussing builds, game tactics and the like.
"Champions&Items Ideas" is for self-invented champs/items and "improvements" to such.
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 11:03am | Report
The problem with these threads being in Theory Crafting is that, from what I have observed, you do not really let a proper discourse develop which might lead to something productive being accomplished.

Instead, it usually goes like:

1. Crazy idea that would really imbalance the game.
2. People tell you that it is crazy, most often with reasoning as to why.
3. You tell people to stay away unless they are going to be constructive.
4. People spend more time patiently explaining their views
5. You continue to ignore possible suggestions, maybe reworking your ideas as time goes by, but very very rarely taking into account anyone's opinion.
6. The flaming mounts
7. The thread curls up in front of the fireplace and dies.

The End.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 1:53pm | Report
And in this thread? Some people said they want a magic damage proc for on-hit builds, some said they want a physical damage proc for ad-carries. My simple solution was creating two bloodrazor's. Isn't that just combining ideas?

And for Malady, there was also some talk about that the combination of AP, MR shred and AS aren't that great, others said, that on-hit items aren't viable without good defense. So I combined their idea's to a Malady with armor.

And you still go off-topic all the time. While other people talk about it, you just interrupt them.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 3:12pm | Report
Malady is weak compared to it's armor shredding counterpart.

It of course builds out of a lot cheaper items and is sub-par on anyone who doesn't plan on auto-attacking while scaling off of AP Or has an on-hit doing magic damage.

SO... very few champions. If the shred was upped a bit(Black cleaver is 15 armor per hit) it might be better off. I'm going to stop now. Obviously, this isn't going anywhere fast.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 5:06pm | Report

The problem with these threads being in Theory Crafting is that, from what I have observed, you do not really let a proper discourse develop which might lead to something productive being accomplished.

Instead, it usually goes like:

1. Crazy idea that would really imbalance the game.
2. People tell you that it is crazy, most often with reasoning as to why.
3. You tell people to stay away unless they are going to be constructive.
4. People spend more time patiently explaining their views
5. You continue to ignore possible suggestions, maybe reworking your ideas as time goes by, but very very rarely taking into account anyone's opinion.
6. The flaming mounts
7. The thread curls up in front of the fireplace and dies.

The End.

Nice "timeline".
+1
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 5:18pm | Report
Actually with the removal of Stark and it's aura, Malady seems pretty balanced. Maybe a 1 extra shred per hit would be the most I'd go for in buffing it.

Another idea would be to give it another tier, like Hexdrinker, giving better stats and 10 shred for 4 hits.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 9:20pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Another idea would be to give it another tier, like Hexdrinker, giving better stats and 10 shred for 4 hits.

Given what Riot has recently been doing to some of the good early game items, I wouldn't be surprised if Malady does get an upgraded version. Like the Hexdrinker, though, they'd probably reduce the components to build Malady down to two, removing one of the daggers, lowering the price, and reducing the stats.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide