Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Mass Warding: The New Support metagame?

Creator: alyzar October 28, 2011 5:10am
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 10:48am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Actually I transferred over from HoN to League :P

You were so bad that had to play something easier?

And guys, stop that ****. You waste your time making fun of me and dont say whats wrong, and then expect that I fix my errors. Cant you say whats wrong?
example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:01am | Report
TheJohn wrote:

You were so bad that had to play something easier?

And guys, stop that ****. You waste your time making fun of me and dont say whats wrong, and then expect that I fix my errors. Cant you say whats wrong?

Support shouldn't be buying all the wards, especially early. Everyone should be buying their own wards. Support should just be buying more wards than everyone else, and should be the only one buying wards late, when the rest of the team has all 6 slots taken up with items.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:29am | Report
TheJohn wrote:

Sorry guys, I forgot I'm the only one here that play HoN
And say everything Luther, I want to read what you have to say

Well, okay, I will.

Firstly and most importantly supports are not at all item dependant - this is the very thing that makes supporting possible. Janna can use her CC and buff her AD carry without any items. Sona can use her auras without any items, etc etc.

Secondly, you get your gold from taking gold per 10 quints and buying a philo stone and a HoG. This gives you the gold income you need to buy wards and a couple of aura items like an Aegis of the Legion. If the game lasts a long time or I get a lot of assists it's not uncommon for me to earn a similar gold amount to other players who were actually farming.

You're misunderstanding the whole function of support; you don't need to be getting a lot of farm and items. Your main function is to keep warding and keeping your carry safe and get them farm and items, and your secondary function is to buy aura items to benefit your team.

Hopefully that explains it properly. :P
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:38am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Well, okay, I will.

Firstly and most importantly supports are not at all item dependant - this is the very thing that makes supporting possible. Janna can use her CC and buff her AD carry without any items. Sona can use her auras without any items, etc etc.

Secondly, you get your gold from taking gold per 10 quints and buying a philo stone and a HoG. This gives you the gold income you need to buy wards and a couple of aura items like an Aegis of the Legion.

You're misunderstanding the whole function of support; you don't need to be getting a lot of farm and items. Your main function is to keep warding and keeping your carry safe and get them farm and items, and your secondary function is to buy aura items to benefit your team.

The sole function of a support is to allow their lane partner to properly lane, and then to allow their team to properly team fight.

This is accomplished by not taking farm in the early game, and then in the later game, warding so that the location of the enemy is known, and proper planning can take place.

Aura items help in your goal as well as tank items, as it allows that aura to be used for longer.

You have to remember though, that there are many ways to accomplish this.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:39am | Report
Isn't that basically what I said? =P
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 11:59am | Report
TheJohn wrote:

Sorry guys, I forgot I'm the only one here that play HoN
And say everything Luther, I want to read what you have to say

HoN's not any harder. It's just a lot more unforgiving.

I die one time? "GG we lose" and then it becomes a 4v4 because everyone rages and everyone starts at basically level 30, meaning you can get matched with anyone and everyone.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 12:04pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Yeah :D

I just like typing stuff i guess.
Tri lane for life.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 12:12pm | Report
Stopped reading after i read "support lux", whatever its what u talk about support...its ******** so forget it.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2011 12:44pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Reading the same thing written with other words is helpful

And you solved a problem with one explaination, good job. Ty Luther and Temz. Toshabi, you are still useless
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 1:04am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Stopped reading after i read "support lux", whatever its what u talk about support...its ******** so forget it.

This and when you said that you start with regrowth pendant. That is just so..... bad. I don't even know where to begin.

Pros:
- faster philos stone
- Better sustain in lane

Cons
- 1 ward no pots
- wont be able to ward dragon and lane
- really bad mana regen for your abilities which are what allow you to support.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide