Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Mordekaiser Improvement

Creator: red9For LEON February 16, 2014 5:35pm
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 12:51pm | Report
They need to work with his resource system. The health costs right now are way too big early-game and unnoticable late-game, that needs to be balanced first.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 1:10pm | Report
In built spell vamp and %maximum hp costs?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 1:12pm | Report
sirell wrote:

In built spell vamp and %maximum hp costs?

Free spell vamp would make the health costs irrelevant. Unless he gains healing through some kind of outside source like Zac. This is the issue with Vladimir's Q i think. It makes his health costs not matter at a certain point.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 1:20pm | Report
let's make him resourceless and give him a gapcloser without cooldown, like 3 passives and huge damage huge range gapcloser ultimate. did i meantion the mid-dash shiled?

i also like otg's idea, maybe something like whenever he kills a unit, it drops a thing that heals him.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 1:22pm | Report
The spell vamp would only apply if he hits a target and since all his attacks bar ultimate are multitargeting most of the time, you get reduced returns. The first item built on him is usually a Hextech Revolver, but that's usually the item he can struggle to get, especially with the upcoming nerf to Doran's Shield. I'm having trouble thinking of a way to make the hp costs mean something late game, but players tend to be able to cover that weakness.

The other thing I can think of is to have his spells cost hp but refund part of it if he hits a champion with the spell.

Considering how relatively underwhelming Vladimir is, his Q is probably one of the main things keeping him alive.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 1:46pm | Report
AD Mordekaiser top lane people, I've nearly gone up a division playing him. Sustains through his healthcosts with 6% lifesteal, out-trades everyone else including the currently nerfbatted Riven, 1v2s mid-game easily and can completely destroy teamfights if he gets a ghost of the enemy carry. No one knows how to lane against this guy and if you can successfully ghost the ADC midgame you get a 300-400 AD monster to completely wreck everything.

(I've only lost lane to GP but **** that guy's damage. Still won game despite being down 1/7 because Children of the Grave is OP)
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 1:47pm | Report
Satella wrote:

AD Mordekaiser top lane people, I've nearly gone up a division playing him. Sustains through his healthcosts with 6% lifesteal, out-trades everyone else including the currently nerfbatted Riven, 1v2s mid-game easily and can completely destroy teamfights if he gets a ghost of the enemy carry. No one knows how to lane against this guy and if you can successfully ghost the ADC midgame you get a 300-400 AD monster to completely wreck everything.

How do you build him? I have tried it myself as well and failed miserably :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 1:57pm | Report
Hydra first item, always. Max Q because **** E and no one realizes it has an isolation mechanic like Kha'Zix Q. Split push for days, if you didn't feed in laning phase no one can 1v1 you except kitebastards like Vayne or champions with broken 1v1 like Olaf.

Depending on what you need next, Bork/Maw/Triforce, preferably bork because it gives ******** amounts of lifesteal and CC. I tried getting magic pen to amplify ghost damage but was not worth it, IMO just ignore magic penetration and focus on stacking the **** out of AD and enough resistances to not blow up in teamfights.

Ping the **** out of the AD carry and dive him because no one knows how to position in solo queue, unless it's some weaksauce ADC with no actual AD like blue Ezreal (thankfully haven't seen him in like, ever) as soon as your ghost procs it's gg as long as the rest of your team managed to absorb most of the enemy's CC or burst, the ghost gets 75% of your AD on top of his own items and his autos replenish your shield. Even if you're the last man standing you can singlehandedly push two turrets within the 30 seconds of ghost uptime, if death timers are low you can comfortably duo baron with someone else to juggle the damage.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
red9For LEON
<Member>
red9For LEON's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 11:25pm | Report
The problem here people is that all these builds still require a team to be build around him. First off, considering him a poke champion while saying he can't be in the frontlines is an oxymoron. he is a low range champion, therefore to successfully poke the enemy he HAS to be close enough to also take damage. Also, building AD gives him a monsterous q...that he can never use because of how prone he is to cc, ESPECIALLY in teamfights when cc is being thrown everywhere.

Also, I play Mord top all the time too. Its even riskier because its much farther apart from tower-to-tower. Once again, seeing the enemy coming doesn't mean ANYTHING when you don't have a means to escape. I remember buying wards out the *** when trying to find a working Urgot top build and it doesn't help when there is nothing you can do to stop them. In fact, it seems a bit worse to see your inevitable death and being helpless to stop it.

The fact is that Mord ISN'T viable in teamfights and is extremely vulnerable in laning phase. He has the capability to snowball easily but that's not gonna happen in real games. EVERY champion can snowball if your opponents are terrible and let you have as much cs and free kills as you want. But any decent jungler is gonna run right up on you after his first back when you are pushed to the enemy tower and have no means to escape. Look at who the main junglers are. Vi: 2 forms of cc. Kha: CC and a leap. Elise: Hard CC. And this isn't even COUNTING your lane opponent, who chances are will have some type of cc.

Its a sad truth but how Mord is built now there is nothing he can do to stop a gank, even if he sees it coming. Combine this with his natural pushing potential and it ends up with him getting shut down early and staying shut down the rest of the game.

Its the same way with Kass, except Mord doesn't GET an escape at 6. The way his kit works as is just doesn't work well for team comp. Its the same reason you don't see a lot of Blitzcranks. They can be awesome champs that are a pain to deal with in laning phase, but when basic teamwork is applied they unravel.

In closing, I think it would help to look at his abilities alone and compare them to others in his position. Looking at his possible builds is foolish because that insinuates that he will get all the items he needs and will get them before his opponent. Same can be said about good matches with him. Don't look at it as a skill basis, but instead as statistics only. In this aspect, Mord is seriously lacking. This is the true reason he is underplayed and underpowered.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 11:49am | Report
Well, most of his problems are caused by laning? Here comes jungle Mordekaiser, brazilian style. HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE. Your ganks are F- but who cares, you have superb clearspeed, superb sustain and a superb lategame. Oh, and pushing towers is really easy, especially if you get a ghost.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide