Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Mordekaiser Improvement

Creator: red9For LEON February 16, 2014 5:35pm
1 2 3
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 11:55am | Report
Problem with jungle Mordekaiser: he gets nowhere near as much gold as he wants early.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 12:13pm | Report
Thats why you have to adjust onto a cheap core build which goes for Spirit of the Spectral Wraith, defense and CDR first. Kindlegem and Glacial Shroud help wonders here. Y, I know, Morde has no mana, but the problem is, there is no ******* item which gives good armor+CDR without mana... And the only alternative would be Ionian Boots of Lucidity for him.

Afterwards, you can go for Abyssal Mask+ Zhonya's Hourglass to further increase your defense, but also gaining offensive abilities. Finally, you finish Spirit Visage and Iceborn Gauntlet. If you got Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Randuin's Omen or even Thornmail should work aswell.

I know, no spellvamp? You know what, there is so much burst in the current meta, dat spellvamp will help you nearly nothing, rather get real defense. Oh, and if you miss HP, just look at Morde's resource bar.
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 7:24pm | Report
I posted in general discussion a well done morde game. Start Doran's Shield then deviate into tankiness, AP, or AD. My standard AP build is rush a rylais for no escape, then liandry's then DFG then either defensive AP or full ****** damage. AD idk tankiness is sunfire rylais liandrys abyssal scepter then randuins or something idk. spirit visage helps with your ult regen since it's full regen from the total ult.

Basically how I play LoL
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 5:22am | Report
A weak slow on his E seems to be a necessity .

A) It helps him a lot without becoming too powerful

B) The E had the ability to generate more shield long before Morde was nerfed into bits, but now its way too "plain": Which other champ has an ability that only deals damage once at a rather short range and while being a skill shot of sorts?
You can't include the shield since it's his passive ability.

But that's only one thing, I'd go as far as to rebuff his shield again.
Something between the lines of:

- EVERY damage generates it or
- doesn't decay over time/decays much slower or
- Abitlity costs are also withdrawn from it
KazamaShoichi
<Member>
KazamaShoichi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 6:12am | Report
Make his Q like Wukong's Q i dunno. gain like 125 extra range and a 1 sec snare/.5sec stun? remove the *if the enemy is alone, this does 150% dmg*. that would make his Q a skill worth taking.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2014 8:57am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

A weak slow on his E seems to be a necessity .

some slow in general. cc is king currently. everyone who is usable has at least 1 form of cc. yeah you can build rylai's on him obviously but he needs cc on one of his skills....even if it is minor like you state. other than that he is fine.

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 4:11pm | Report
Mordekaiser already has great harass and shield, not sustain nor cc. He's sort of like an ADC in the form of a mage/tank/ad if you swing that way. No self peel but tons of damage.

Basically how I play LoL
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 5:54pm | Report
- His shield is way too weak compared to other stuff like Yasuo/Riven/etc.
- He's technically a melee champ (comparing that to an ADC is kinda off).
- His Ult makes him a must-kill in many situation, going anything besides tanky is BS.
- Except for his Ult Ghost (heal's neglectable otherwise you/your team failed to target the right thing) and the not-even-mediocre resistance buff on his W he got nothing but dmg spells.
- And even if you could play him on AP like Diana or Akali his dmg would be decent at best considering that you have no gap-closer and only close-range spells.

He's totally unfit for this Meta and the ONLY thing that makes him a tad "viable" is his unique Ult that can turn the enemy's strongest champ against him, but the rest of his kit is outdated junk nerfed into the ground because - let's face it - it's either OP or UP in his case.

To be frank: With his kit as of now, it would make WAY more sense to simply convert him into a regular AD bruiser instead of keeping him as an AP tank.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide