Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Morgana: Wow, this champion exists?

Creator: jhoijhoi April 18, 2013 4:12am
1 2 3
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 1:38pm | Report
I think partly it's because of how little kill potential she has in lane. She used to slowly harass people down with her pool, then black shield herself and walk right into them with her ult, but nowadays with flask and everything, anyone can easily shrug off her tiny harass, as it's usually only the first tick of her W. And she can't trade vs ANYONE.

There's also the fact that people these days want to snowball the game early and just skip late-game, whereas Morgana wants to farm it up all day until team-fight stages, where her farm may be the best in the game, but she won't be fed, nor have contributed to her team getting fed.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 7:10am | Report
Quoted:

Black shield shield @6: 225

Taric dazzle+radiance: 190 - thus will the black-shield remain on her ad-carry for when the shatter comes thus denying the armor reduction.
A taric can't do anything against a support morgana post-gold.

Wow. That's a powerful shield. Too bad the armor reduction goes through it :/. The best part is that if your ADC isn't stunned, the enemy Taric probablt won't be able to reach him to RW him :P. Interesting.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 8:51am | Report
Coming from a bronze player:
Firstly, her roaming is horrible. How are you supposed to gank a lane with no mobility and a slow snare that's blocked by minions? good luck hitting a speed boosted garen, or nidalee.
Secondly - a lot of champs can rival her waveclear. She needs a very long time to gank and champs that can just shove the lane after she leaves it make her think twice before going to roam.
Third- Zonyas hourglass, qss(and schitmar or however you spell it) and mikaels, coupled with gap closers and dashes make her ultimate subpar. You can zonyas to avoid her stun, her ultimate can be cleansed and it's easy enough to dash out of it..
Fourth- she can't trade. IF she specs soil first, she has a somewhat reliable way of harass, but the first tick of Tormented soil isn't nearly enough harass to rival the high sustain starts.
Her q is hard to land, especially in the lane phase. It isn't a reliable harass tool at all. If you max Black shield first, you get.. well you block a lot of damage, but can't really do any yourself. This would kill your midgame D: Maybe if she had a longer auto attack range and could poke people down with auto attacks early while mitigating enemy damage ? but that doesn't work either since she's not an ad champ qq

I think shes in a bad spot now and needs a tweak or a buff.
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
Forgottenduty
<Member>
Forgottenduty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 9:06am | Report
Well its really hard to explain. She feels like she is not dealing any damage I think. I don't know why since they have't changed anything on her spells.
Maybe because people build lots of health her abilities dont scale that well late game maybe.
Also, there is a plenty array of characters atm who can push better than her imo.
Its like all the good morgana players have left this world...
So far, I've never seen her in any of my ranked games.
-Come back with your shield,or on it-
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 2:18pm | Report
i played her in ranked 9/1 but it was silver/bronze and my oposing lane was a Veigar. I roamed a couple of times, successfully and probably carried. Maybe at higher elo she really doesn't work.

Sig made by Tamy
KellMath
<Member>
KellMath's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 3:17am | Report
Morgana best offensive support i think and hers skills and skins are amazing, STUN ALL THE *****ESS
Uknow: So u wanna play elise solo top ? AHAHAHAHAH NOOB !
At game finish Me: 14-02-9 Uknow: 3-11-07
Me: Pls go make me a sandwich baby <3

Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 5:01am | Report
Dunno why ppl complain about her early.

She's simply a lane-stayer.

Some Mana and you can't move her.
Ofc you need to land root and pool in order to do dmg, but that just means some proper aiming and an enemy that can't get close to you.

I'd place her top against any kind of melee with no hardcore single-target dmg and/or godlike gap-closing abilities.

Olaf lvl 6, J4, Panth come to mind atm.
Abomi
<Member>
Abomi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2013 7:09pm | Report
I'd say she would fit quite well onto a displacement/isolation target team. Even when played in mid now, she feels as though she falls into the supporty niche. As with most supports she is there only for her CC of Dark Binding and Soul Shackles, that is if they hit. In regards to the prior statement of her on a displacement/isolation target team, when Soul Shackles latches onto all 5 of enemy team they will be running for the hills to break the tether. This allows AD burst assassins such as Kha'Zix and Zed to get to their priority targets and eliminate them, granted they have the burst. Besides that though, the lack of damage compared to others will continue to shove her out in S3 I feel.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide