Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

My thoughts about nerfing wards

Creator: NicknameMy February 25, 2012 4:13am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 4:13am | Report
Okay, okay, I understand. But I still think that whole ward hunt engine should be changed. Maybe replacing Oracle's Elixir with Oracle's Extract should help at that. And removing the gold granted by killing wards. Finally, hextech sweeper should be a nice item at summoners rift.

You could also make the warding more dynamic if you lower the cost and duration by a bit. Something like that:

sight ward
Cost: 50 gold
Click: Places an invisible ward with 1000 range. Lasts 2 minutes, Max: 5 Stacks. Now no longer grants gold to the killer.

Vision Ward
Cost: 100 gold
Click: Places an invisible ward with 1000 range Magical Sight (see invisible units). Lasts 2 minutes, Max: 5 Stacks. Now no longer grants gold to the killer.

Oracle's Elixir gets replaced by Oracle's Extract

hextech sweeper is now avaibale at summoner's rift. Cooldown from active reduced to 30 seconds from 1 minute.

Scout
Increase vision range of wards by 10%. Increase duration of wards by 15 seconds.

I think like that ward's would be still very usefull, but you can't ward the total map because the duration is lowered by 1 minute(45 seconds with mastery). Still, the cost is also decreased, so you can buy more wards.

(Another nerf to Wriggle's Lantern, btw, but having all the time a ward up is near to OP)
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 4:33am | Report
So you want that passive gameplay because of wards removed, yet you want to remove Vision Ward which can delete sight ward. Rofl.

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 4:40am | Report
Do not want.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 4:42am | Report
"2 minutes or until they die."?

lol'd

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 4:47am | Report
Okay, changed it a bit more around.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 5:16am | Report
With these durations, all wards are bad :P

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 5:20am | Report
No, because you can use them if you want to attempt onto baron or something like that. Also, it can give you the edge over the enemy lane with a nice placed ward. But now, they can no longer be abused like hell and the "wardfarming" game no longer exists.
And finally, supports don't have to buy so many wards. So this could open more possible bot lane scenarios.(all what riot wants^^)
He is gonna kill you!!!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 5:22am | Report
Sight Ward:
- Cost reduced to 50 from 75
- Duration reduced to 25 (35 with mastery) seconds from 180

I don't care what you say, that is incredibly bad. Wards with that duration are completely and utterly useless.

EDIT: what do you mean they won't have to buy that many wards? They'll have to buy loads more if they want to have any sort of control/sight o_o

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 5:24am | Report
Hmm, yeah, It is maybe a bit too much. Because they could even expire before baron is done. I think a duration of 35(+10 with mastery) could be better, because then, you can do something with them.

The goal of this is that it should remove that total sight control. That makes the game very passive, because you can't ninja-attack anything. And if you buy that many wards, you **** yourself up...

They key is it now to ward at the right time and at the right place to stop the enemy to do important targets or a fiddle ulti. That is called aggressive warding. Wards act now more like Clairvoyance.

I also think about to remove Clairvoyance.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 6:04am | Report
And this is why Riot shouldn't listen to players.

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide