Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

My thoughts about nerfing wards

Creator: NicknameMy February 25, 2012 4:13am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2012 7:59am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

If they remove ORacle and implement hextech sweeper, You're gonna see it in 90% of competitive games :P

Well, Oracle's Extract is still an alternative.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2012 8:41am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

If they remove ORacle and implement hextech sweeper, You're gonna see it in 90% of competitive games :P

Nah, you'd see it in basically every game. Probably even multiples of it in some (with AP junglers or AP tops), to spam it.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2012 9:32am | Report
Since it contains everything you need, you'd see it on any Ap caster/support/tank.

Cheap and good allround item + you can also use it's effect against non-stealth opponents to scout bushes/boxes/shrooms, even wards on SR.
Kantelar
<Member>
Kantelar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2012 9:46am | Report
STFU noob GG (?)

Kidding

Let the wards where they are, don't touch them.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 1:55am | Report
U say nerfing wards will kill passive gameplay, when honestly it will just promote it. It will make for 0-aggression lanes that just hope the enemy jungler is not nearby, everyone would be running heal-flash so they could get away. Much more defensive early game item setup. A boring game if u ask me.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 8:56pm | Report
Kantelar wrote:

Let the wards where they are, don't touch them.

Here here! These suggestions seem counter productive anyhow.... I don't need another roaming meta.... sooo passive....
+Rep me if i'm useful!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 10:54pm | Report
But lategame, with wards everywere, the game is a very passive towerhug game. Nobody can do any special things. And the ward hunting lategame is actually just a bad meta at all...

With a duration of 2 mins and lower costs, you will not be able to ward the total map. But earlygame it doesn't change anything.
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 4:56pm | Report
dude wards would now suck, i get your thinking but not the best

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 3:48pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

But lategame, with wards everywere, the game is a very passive towerhug game.

This wouldn't do much to change that lategame, though. The reason why people tower hug and play very defensively is usually because they do not know where the enemies are, in the late game. Nerfing wards does not change this, but rather reinforces it by allowing teams to see less of the map at once.

What your suggestions would definitely do is contribute to the early laning game being more of a super-passive tower hugging phase; by making it easier for junglers to gank, laners are far more likely to stay as close as possible to their towers in order to avoid death.

NicknameMy wrote:

With a duration of 2 mins and lower costs, you will not be able to ward the total map. But earlygame it doesn't change anything.

I can count something it changes in the early game, though. While the time:gold ratio is unchanged at 2 minutes for 50 gold, it would mean that over a six minute period a support would have to walk away from lane three times in order to keep dragon warded, instead of two. That's one extra time where the support is taking an experience hit in order to provide his team with a bit more map control. Over the course of a twelve to fifteen minute laning phase, that could easily put the support an extra level behind the rest of both teams.

And that's just dragon warding I'm talking about there. It'd have a similar effect top lane, where in order to keep his lane warded the player top would need to spend more time going to place the ward, and therefore less time farming, which could easily cost CS, and would make it more likely that top accidentally walks into the enemy jungler coming in to gank (more times top goes down into the river the ward versus the jungler's ganks being basically unchanged).

As for not being able to ward the entire map, I have never, ever, ever seen a game where the entire map is warded. I've rarely even seen games where all of the key locations on the map (jungle buffs, dragon and baron, etc.) get warded. Of course, that's simply anecdotal evidence, so let me advance an argument. It's extremely unlikely that either team would ward the entire map. The reasoning for this is simple: 1) You have either contained the enemy team to their base, or you haven't; there are no other options. 2) If you have, there's no need to ward much of the map (such as beyond parts of their jungle) because the enemies won't be there. 3) If you haven't, you can't ward the entire map because it's not safe to be in the enemy's territory. Therefore, warding the entire map is a non-issue, anyways.

Overall, I'd say that these changes are a solution in search of a problem. There aren't many problems with the current way wards are handled, and most of them have to do with the fact that Oracle's on a winning team can easily prevent the other team from warding at all. But this has more to do with map control than how long Oracle's itself lasts; if it wore off, winning teams could just buy it again and again and again anyways, resulting in little change.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 5:04pm | Report
That's a bad idea. There is NO reason to nerf wards.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide