Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Naut Jungle Crafting

Creator: DillButt64 May 7, 2013 6:18pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2013 3:06pm | Report
IAmByakuya wrote:

Been playing a lot of Nautilus

Lasty what do you think is better? 9/21/0 or 0/21/9?

I see you didn't read my post ^^
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2013 3:33pm | Report
My bad wasnt reading that on computer :P
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2013 8:28pm | Report
C4 Lasty wrote:

Wow I didn't see this thread. I can comfortably say I'm the best Nautilus on Mobafire =P. I started playing him in Diamond 5 and 50 games later I have a 70% win rate and I'm halfway to D1.

I'll lay it all out for you guys:

Runes: I run AS reds, Armor yellows, a combo of MR & Scaling MR blues, Move Speed Quints.

Masteries: I run 9-21-0 if you want to see the exact breakdown, look at my pages.

Skill Order: R > W > E > Q. Do NOT gank without Q, some people get a 2nd point in W at 3 and then start ganking at 4, but I like to gank at 3. A good rule of thumb on every jungler is don't gank before you finish your first clear. If the enemy jungler sees you wasting time in a lane w/out one of your buffs they are going to go take it from you.

Build: My core on Naut is pretty much the same EVERY game, I build Mobility Boots into Ancient Golem into Runic Bulwark into Randuins. I don't really like Locket on Naut because the double shield feels clunky to me. I ask my support to build it. If they have double AD i'll swap mob boots for ninja tabi. Some other items I like are Abyssal Scepter, Frozen Heart, Twin Shadows, Spirit Visage, Warmogs, Sunfire Cape, etc. Most games you wont even finish your core.

Strategy: If you aren't getting blues I like to ONLY use W when I clear camps mid game. It will make sure you always have mana for skirmishes etc. I would NEVER gank pre lvl 3. When I start ganking I like to walk behind people and proc my passive on them then when they flash I use Q to finish the gank. You should ONLY initiate a gank with Q if its vs a squishy and your lane mate has CC. For example, when I gank mid for a lux if I snare someone with Q they are going to explode before all the chain CC wears off so its fine to lead with Q. People at high elo don't miss skill shots on cc'd opponents =P

Fun **** guys, I hope this helps.

i had an 80% winrate a few games ago but now its like 66ish

also whats your order for spells when you go to gank? like the combo you use to chain them? ive been doing Q > Passive > E > R as a last resort, but after reading this i think im going to save Q for later but when is it best to use your ult during a gank?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 6:26am | Report
Use your ult during a gank when it = a kill. I like to try to proc my passive on people to start a gank. You can do that by walking behind them, however its not always necessary. If you are lane ganking bot lane, you probably want to lead w/ q because the combined damage will BLOW up the support or adc before the chain cc wears off.

Also my 70% came during Diamond solo que games =P
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 9:56am | Report
Haha. Lasty talking about mana-management. Blind leading the blind.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Aseafy
<Member>
Aseafy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 10:04am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

also whats your order for spells when you go to gank? like the combo you use to chain them? ive been doing Q > Passive > E > R as a last resort, but after reading this i think im going to save Q for later but when is it best to use your ult during a gank?

it's best to save your q for later, instead of initiating a gank. This is because if you miss, you're in a pretty bad position and you will waste time and skills. If you could not catch them with your ultimate, you can for sure try to hit a q, but remember that it isn't that great and can be juked easily.

As lasty said, it's better to walk up to them for the snare, slow them. What I like to do is ult from far away, snare them with passive, slow them, and walk backwards a bit for the easy q (cos they are slowed). Another thing I like doing is ulting them and walking backwards for the free q which drags them even further from their turret.

I think using ult to initiate is the best way, especially when your playing in something like solo queue because nautilus' ult is a CLEAR sign to even noobs to say "kill this target". sometimes they might think your just running in to scare the enemy and they just walk away. But yeah, if your team has some kind of follow-up cc, its generally best to ult first and cc lock them to death.

You'll probably want to take only a bit of what I know cause lasty is a better naut player than i tho

Naut level 2 ganks almost always force the flash, thus granting your lane an extreme advantage. If your passing it up to clear wraiths/wolves your missing out.

I'm sorry then, you play against bad people.
In-depth guide to the Twisted Treeline - Whether you want to play competitively or for fun (:
Find the fun of ranked 3's by clicking here!

Thank you to The Nameless Bard for my signature!
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 1:02pm | Report

Haha. Lasty talking about mana-management. Blind leading the blind.

I said IF you don't have blue, I always take yours so I'm set for blues =P
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 1:13pm | Report
Yeah if a naut level two ganks me, I'm going to dodge his hook (which if he has he's speccing totally wrong), because I'll have warded early or I won't be stupid enough to over extend right after a buff, and I'll let his passive brush off of me like nothing, walk away, and go "hey jungle, go steal a buff."

Level two ganking is a terrible idea in most situations where you're vs a smart jungler.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 1:47pm | Report
Bah I level 2 gank mid with Xin and Jarvan if I start red on blue side and my mid has CC. Other then that wait for 3.
Aseafy
<Member>
Aseafy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 2:11pm | Report
Many people don't realize how strong nautilus is at the moment, and how good blue buff is on him. I'm tempted to take every blue in solo q but I ndont want to get flamed and lower my teams morale / get blamed for losing mid cause he didn't have blue ahaha.
In-depth guide to the Twisted Treeline - Whether you want to play competitively or for fun (:
Find the fun of ranked 3's by clicking here!

Thank you to The Nameless Bard for my signature!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide