Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Naut Jungle Crafting

Creator: DillButt64 May 7, 2013 6:18pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 1:55pm | Report

Your not level 2 ganking with Naut? O.O

i don't play naut. he wrote "fisrt clear" hence what i wrote.

Sig made by elenah
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 5:02pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

I miss starting Ruby Crystal with jungle Shen.

anyway, with the MS changes and the jungle camps buffs i don't think Nautilus can sustain enough to gank after the first clear.

as i said in my first post i have full hp with a pot or two left over as naut, so yeah he can sustain enough to gank after the first clear

you can ignore the boots 3 pots thing i rethought it and its dumb

i have tested the machete 4 red pots and 1 blue pot and its good, instead of having an extra red pot sitting in my inventory being unused i have a blue pot to use when blue runs out (im running 9/21/0 masteries on naut so i dont have the extended blue buffs)
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 5:35pm | Report
Or you could use the extra pot in combat like you're supposed to. o.O
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 6:09pm | Report
well yeah obviously, but im thinking this could be a possible start with how ive been having an extra pot or two as him even after ganks (most ganks have never gone terribly bad in my experience so i never needed to use that other pot)
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 8:21pm | Report
Where is Lasty? Isn't jungle naut like his favorite thing or something?

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2013 8:31pm | Report
Dill, I'm telling you this now, I play cho'gath jungle, and only use one pot all the clear, but I still buy 5 potions.

Here's my reasoning: Potions are over freaking powered, so the jungle doesn't hurt me? man I bet that cait will, or that vlad will. Sustain is strong, the less time you spend going back, the longer you're getting gold and EXP and the longer you're ganking, so if you have an extra potion, GOOD because this lets you gank much more effectively, take a bigger risk in it, and then gank again!

think about it, what's that mana pot gonna do? give you more mana sustain along with blue? There's a reason 5 HP pots is a start, you don't NEED mana sustain with the first blue. So just get the potion that could save your life in the event of a counter jungle or a gank gone wrong.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Aseafy
<Member>
Aseafy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2013 10:14pm | Report
Uh. To the people who are talking about nautilus jungle. He has crazy sustain in the jungle because of the shield and once he hits level 4-5, he doesn't need to recall except to buy (or if he's taken damage from the enemy). I have enough health plus 1-2 potions after the first clear, so I don't know what your doing wrong.

As well, you say "you don't level 2 gank as nautilus?" Thanks kind of a stupid remark because level 2 ganks are very rarely available with nautilus at even gold because people aren't stupid enough. With your hook and a very short snare you aren't going to kill anyone. In fact, if you mess up this gank, you waste a lot of time which will let the enemy jungler get ahead of you.

Sometimes straight up clearing your jungle is the best choice for junglers, and if you ALWAYS do a level 2 gank, your not a very good one.
In-depth guide to the Twisted Treeline - Whether you want to play competitively or for fun (:
Find the fun of ranked 3's by clicking here!

Thank you to The Nameless Bard for my signature!
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2013 10:41pm | Report
Naut level 2 ganks almost always force the flash, thus granting your lane an extreme advantage. If your passing it up to clear wraiths/wolves your missing out.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2013 2:38pm | Report
Wow I didn't see this thread. I can comfortably say I'm the best Nautilus on Mobafire =P. I started playing him in Diamond 5 and 50 games later I have a 70% win rate and I'm halfway to D1.

I'll lay it all out for you guys:

Runes: I run AS reds, Armor yellows, a combo of MR & Scaling MR blues, Move Speed Quints.

Masteries: I run 9-21-0 if you want to see the exact breakdown, look at my pages.

Skill Order: R > W > E > Q. Do NOT gank without Q, some people get a 2nd point in W at 3 and then start ganking at 4, but I like to gank at 3. A good rule of thumb on every jungler is don't gank before you finish your first clear. If the enemy jungler sees you wasting time in a lane w/out one of your buffs they are going to go take it from you.

Build: My core on Naut is pretty much the same EVERY game, I build Mobility Boots into Ancient Golem into Runic Bulwark into Randuins. I don't really like Locket on Naut because the double shield feels clunky to me. I ask my support to build it. If they have double AD i'll swap mob boots for ninja tabi. Some other items I like are Abyssal Scepter, Frozen Heart, Twin Shadows, Spirit Visage, Warmogs, Sunfire Cape, etc. Most games you wont even finish your core.

Strategy: If you aren't getting blues I like to ONLY use W when I clear camps mid game. It will make sure you always have mana for skirmishes etc. I would NEVER gank pre lvl 3. When I start ganking I like to walk behind people and proc my passive on them then when they flash I use Q to finish the gank. You should ONLY initiate a gank with Q if its vs a squishy and your lane mate has CC. For example, when I gank mid for a lux if I snare someone with Q they are going to explode before all the chain CC wears off so its fine to lead with Q. People at high elo don't miss skill shots on cc'd opponents =P

Fun **** guys, I hope this helps.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2013 2:51pm | Report
Been playing a lot of Nautilus

Lasty what do you think is better? 9/21/0 or 0/21/9?
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide