Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Jungle - what does it mean?!

Creator: M580 November 29, 2011 8:45am
1 2 3 4
M580
<Member>
M580's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 8:45am | Report
Only played one game so far in the new jungle, so I have a lot ofearning left to do, but I didn't see any threads on how exactly the new jungle will affect the game. Basically, are there any new champs that are more viable in the jungle? And how bout different starting items? I started cloth armor 5 pots on rammus, and had jungle cleared and about full go using one pot. Time to look into boots starting for gamks??

One of my ideas was that nasus may be more viable in the jungle, more creeps = higher ca for q.

Just looking for opinions on the new jungle!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 8:56am | Report
Almost all junglers will be starting with boots and potions now, some champions, such as Irelia (who apparently is really good in the new jungle), don't even need potions.

I'd love to try the changes tomorrow, though it will quash the skill involved with jungling :(
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 8:58am | Report
technically anyone can jungle (especially now). i think we'll be seeing more vamp scepter starts because of potion nerf and the lifesteal mastery.

and hmm.. jungle nasus is a possibility with more cs, really fast clears on some camps.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 9:08am | Report
The new jungle is odd. Anyone with any sustain can literally say in there forever.

Fast attackers, like Volibear, taking a Vampiric Scepter will keep him alive for a long time.

The only real choice you have now is, "Gank when I'm at a good point to" or "farm the jungle."

While it's really easy to counter jungle because a majority of the reward is in the bigger monster, it's not worth it unless you can get in and get out really, really fast.

Yes more junglers are viable now but, people that could already jungle with relative ease were not effected much, if at all.

EDIT: I jungled Nasus before all the jungle changes. /hipsterglasse
True love is found only in yourself.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 9:18am | Report
This will make junglers that clear the jungle quickly even stronger.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 12:10pm | Report
^ Yes and no, by making the jungle easier, it also closes the gap between them and the other junglers.

It does "Make them stronger" but it removes part of the fundamental aspect of their strength which is their ease and capability of clearing what used to be a more difficult jungle.

Now that it's easy for most champions, a champion like Udyr with a fast clear may not be as much stronger than other champions as they were before, and the effect might be that even with a slower clear, a champion like Nasus could potentially take the spot.

More viable junglers in my mind means that when you compare the strength of all the junglers, the comparative strength between fast clear jungles like Udyr and Cho has been reduced, even though they themselves may have a faster and easier clear now.

I guess. I'm eager to see if the fast clearing junglers are still the best ones :P
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 1:15pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

It does "Make them stronger" but it removes part of the fundamental aspect of their strength which is their ease and capability of clearing what used to be a more difficult jungle.

Yes and no.
The fast ones have much more freedom in items and can thus get even faster or get other advantages.
I believe the fast ones and good gankers will be the strongest junglers.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 3:47pm | Report
I agree, the junglers who are already the strongest will very likely still be the strongest.

I do think the rework probably closed the gap a little however and brought more of the "Less effective" junglers into potential viablity.

With the way the new jungle looks I don't forsee clear speed meaning more ganks quite so much as more gold in your pocket.

Jungle camps seem to respawn faster than you can gank and clear, so that clear speed really means you can just clear it all and gank while other champs might clear some and gank and clear some more and gank.

Basically what it sorta looks like to me is they are trying to eliminate the choice of "Clearing or ganking" in a sense, and afford you a way to be able to be somewhere in the middle of clearing and ganking more actively.

(I.E, not having to clear your entire jungle to maximize your gold income, because that style of jungling heavily favors the faster AoE junglers.)
Chalkers
<Member>
Chalkers's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 8:05am | Report
Wondering who will become really strong aswell.
Used to jungle twitch before this, was pretty hard at times. But with good ganks doable.
Jungle singed/blitz/what? :)
Solo pentakill thanks to fiopia's jungle tryndamere guide :D
Fiopia's guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/tryndamere-jungle-madness-85700
Pozsich
<Member>
Pozsich's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2011 3:44pm | Report
it seems to me with it becoming more possible to farm the jungle for long periods of time, it's almost as if you can choose to be a farmer or a ganker, rather than before, with the longer respawn times, junglers were both farmers and gankers by mandatory.

As for who's strongest, it seems like the clearing speed is still important due to gold income compared to before a fast clearer could gain a larger experience advantage over slower ones. So far, I'm seeing less differences in leveling, and it seems most likely due to the XP mastery got moved so deep into the utility tree.

I also think strong gankers could gain a popularity increase, since farming in the jungle is easier for all champions.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide