Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Jungle - what does it mean?!

Creator: M580 November 29, 2011 8:45am
1 2 3 4
Golleitrian
<Member>
Golleitrian's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 3:53pm | Report
I will have to try this farming all day myself cause I have seen another do it and it was complete fail. She ended up 3 lv lower then me and I was support.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig(s)!

If I helped you in anyway +1 rep ^_^ Please check out and vote my:
Taric guide
Master Yi guide
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 4:18pm | Report
Playing a jungle seems to be really interesting, although I can't offer much advice I will say what I know. Generally you'll be starting with boots/3 pots or cloth armour/5 potions, I have also seen junglers such as Oddone start with a regrowth pendant and 2 potions, quite interesting and it seems to work. In most cases you'll wan't a wriggles lantern first, it gives you some nice sustainability, with life steal and armour, and a free ward! Some of my favourites are Skarner, Nunu and Amumu I suggest you give all those a go if you haven't already, and just make sure to read a couple of ideal guides.
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
InfHaRM
<Member>
InfHaRM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 4:19pm | Report
Jungle farming works till around lv 8/9, then you're starting to spend time sitting around waiting on creeps to spawn depending on who you're playing and what you're building too, but that's what has happened to me once or twice after i just hardcore farmed jungled and ignored my team lol.
Thanks for the sig Nameless Bard
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 7:27pm | Report
basicly the new jungle is that the camps heal you, they respawn faster and pretty much any champ can jungle (not necesarily well, though). Also you dont really need runes, enabling low-level players to jungle
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Pozsich
<Member>
Pozsich's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 1:09pm | Report
Honestly, I say screw the low level junglers. Riot is seriously destroying the jungle for higher levels so that sucky new players can learn how to jungle all the wrong ways on their own. Yay Riot!
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 7:29am | Report
Sorry guys but I missed to many posts to read em all, I've seen some wise thing said tho.
Anyway, from my point of view (and call me stubborn but I consider myelf a top 10 jungler) After this pair of week of testings I can say:
The real advantage of this new jungle is the possibility to play champs that were great gankers before but had troubles farming it fast.
As thigs are now People like Maokai, Malphite, Amumu are flat out scary.
Expecially Maokai, gotta give credits to TheOddOne, is off the charts.
They can start with regrowth pendant and do a full clear withot going b and stay healty enough to actually gank if the closer lanes are below 75% health, that or they can just recall and buy a philo. Point is, these chars have amazing gankimg and teamfight power throu out the game, but thy were really punished by failing ganks, now they got an easy life instead.
All considered the new jungle is lil too easy for beginners, but I also feels it rewards experienced junglers a lot.
Obviusly fast clearers like Udyr, Shyvana, Shaco, Nocturne are still amazing, but the clear edge they had on old jungle is now less huge, they are beter early gankers now since thy're able to start with boots and clear being full HP, wich means exelent 3 min mark gank, but a new generation of jungling champ is fighting for a spot as Tier one junglers.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 2:16am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Far from it.

Sitting in the jungle farming all day (which is what the new jungle promotes) keeps you on a good level as far as gold/XP goes.

Invasion is pointless now, if you try it you'll take away a tiny part of XP at the risk of killing yourself whilst losing XP and gold. Ganking early on is hard to secure a kill due to flash and the red buff nerfs.

If you don't gank/counter jungle, you'll be at the right level.

I hate the new metagame, but hey, Riot wants to promote farming all day long with this new jungle.

^This. The XP nerf was really stupid. On a slower jungler I could keep up by clearing it and be ready to gank lanes, but now I'm required to succeed in ganking just to maintain level parity. I'd say the new jungle actually increases the disparity between good clearers and bad clearers, because the fastest-clearing champs (especially the ones with decent gank tools like Noct and Udyr) can just farm and farm and farm and remain on par, then go gank when they want to take down a lane, while a slower jungler has to farm and then go try and get a gank just to keep up, because the slow jungler will lose the XP battle against the faster jungler and end up worse off just trying to react and catch up mid-game.

Just some of my thoughts, at least.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide