Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Nidalee, thoughts on her nerf

Creator: th3BlackAngel August 29, 2011 10:53am
1 2 3
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 10:53am | Report
So, basically we all know Nidalee became a piece of s**t, and is not at all a viable pick now. I want to know what you guys think of the nerfs; not just the ratio on her heal, but everything, mana costs, increased CD for Pounce. And what you feel will make her viable again.

I think that her heal should be buffed a bit, maybe to a .85 or .9 AP ratio, and lower the mana costs a bit, maybe 60/70/80/90/100 instead of 60/80/100/120/140.

Pounce is ok IMO, because since its now affected by CDR it can get down to 2.4 secs at max CDR, and not stuck at 3 secs.

Anyways, discuss
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to jhoijhoi for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 12:25pm | Report
A 0.9 or 0.8 ratio seems about right for her.

Mana costs are high, but all heals should have high mana costs to prevent super sustain.
Maybe a buff to 60/75/90/105/120 would be in place, but DEFINITELY not a smaller cost than that.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 1:14pm | Report
meh, Nidalee is a stupid character so I'll take whatever nerfs on her I can get, her heal late game is still pretty ridiculous
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 1:37pm | Report
Not really, do the math.

Say you have 450 - 500 AP (Usually what you get with a regular Nidalee Build (Rabadon's, Lich Bane, Void Staff, Merc Treads, BV, RoA or Morello's). 190+ 450*.7 = 505, 190+ 500*.7 = 540.

Sure, there are worse heals than that, but that's still not good. And she still can't really jump into cougar form and join in on the fight cause she'll just get wrecked.
Thanks to jhoijhoi for this amazing sig

theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 2:07pm | Report
So you don't think healing a quarter of your or a teammate's health and giving a massive attack speed buff every ten secs is good?
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 2:09pm | Report
Nidalee is still pretty good...
They also buffed her damage a bit.

th3BlackAngel
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 2:21pm | Report
No, because you don't get that amount until you finish the entire build. Most games don't even get past the 35 min mark, by which point you might have a deathcap, boots, lich bane, and be on your way to a morello's or void staff. Plus, her damage buff was on her cougar form, and try to go in into a team fight as Nid. Insta focused dead.
Thanks to Nameless for this amazing sig

theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 3:23pm | Report

No, because you don't get that amount until you finish the entire build. Most games don't even get past the 35 min mark, by which point you might have a deathcap, boots, lich bane, and be on your way to a morello's or void staff. Plus, her damage buff was on her cougar form, and try to go in into a team fight as Nid. Insta focused dead.

do you see what I'm saying when I say she's an annoying character? She's just there, always pushing towers, but pretty much useless in teamfights aside from one heal on a teammate. If you try to stop her from pushing towers, she just transforms and pounces away (there's VERY LITTLE you can do to stop this without the support of at least 2 teammates, which means you're devoting three people to stop one enemy from pushing a lane). If you ignore her, the lane gets pushed all the way in. She doesn't really do much since she can't actually contribute much damage to a teamfight unless she jumps in as cougar, which means instadead.
Her traps are useless for anything but map awareness, and she deals stupid damage with her spear (which is pretty much the only damage she can do). Just a straight up annoying character.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 3:25pm | Report

So, basically we all know Nidalee became a piece of s**t, and is not at all a viable pick now. I want to know what you guys think of the nerfs; not just the ratio on her heal, but everything, mana costs, increased CD for Pounce. And what you feel will make her viable again.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Oh you're serious.

Nidalee is strong this patch, Poke > all.
Tri lane for life.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 3:34pm | Report
Nid is still pretty good.
Although I build her different now:
I go for Flash/Ignite and rush Sheen for lane dominance in cougar form and it's pretty hard to outlane nid once she got her cougar with that.

Later you can poke everything down and clean the survivors after the fighgt in cougar.
Nid was great, and she's still great if you're good on her.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide