Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Nidalee, thoughts on her nerf

Creator: th3BlackAngel August 29, 2011 10:53am
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 3:36pm | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Nid is still pretty good.
Although I build her different now:
I go for Flash/Ignite and rush Sheen for lane dominance in cougar form and it's pretty hard to outlane nid once she got her cougar with that.

Later you can poke everything down and clean the survivors after the fighgt in cougar.
Nid was great, and she's still great if you're good on her.

You 100% will have to modify your playstlye though.
Tri lane for life.
gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 4:16pm | Report
Build Nidalee like Skarner o.o

This idea just occurred to me.

Hybrid and Tanky, allows you to get in peoples faces but also have some nice damage/heal on your other abilities.

IDK, maybe that's a bad idea, but it would certainly allow us to do something with cougar.
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 4:18pm | Report
ya, but you'd have to pretty much be in cougar all the time, since her human abilities would be pretty much useless then
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 5:10pm | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Nid is still pretty good.
Although I build her different now:
I go for Flash/Ignite and rush Sheen for lane dominance in cougar form and it's pretty hard to outlane nid once she got her cougar with that.

Later you can poke everything down and clean the survivors after the fighgt in cougar.
Nid was great, and she's still great if you're good on her.

This is how I've always built her: Doran's ring > level 1 boots > sheen > deathcap > lich bane. After that its mostly situational.

@Temizilla I know she's still strong, and her poke was always beast, but I feel like now she's missing something, her heals are basically **** and you still can't go cougar form and try to join in on a team fight because you'll still get ***-****ed. Unless you build tanky which basically makes your poke **** and your heal ****tier.

Also, the problem is that she has no place in the meta right now, she can't solo top, and you shouldn't put her mid, and bot is occupied by the AD carry, and she can't jungle until level 6. Until we see the meta shift she's not viable.
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to JEFFY40HANDS for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 5:19pm | Report
Meta talk...
The strongest solo top champs are those with sustain.(Or extreme lane control, ofc)
Nid is no threat in any way to her opponent pre 6 and has to play very defensive, but when she's 6 she deals good damage and can heal herself up all day. She's very hard to gank in cougar aswell.
She's a decent solo top laner.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 5:43pm | Report
She deals good damage to squishies. Against the current solo top picks (Cho, Singed, Jax, Udyr, Jarvan, Irelia) she really does not do that much, especially since she has no CC to jump in and jump out unscathed.
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 6:07pm | Report
I think it would have been fine if they had just nerfed her heal. I thought that was he initial intention until I heard about all the other nerfs. I feel like the others were not really called for.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 12:16am | Report

I think it would have been fine if they had just nerfed her heal. I thought that was he initial intention until I heard about all the other nerfs. I feel like the others were not really called for.

what "other nerfs" they nerfed her heal and buffed everything else
Freddy Shopan
<Member>
Freddy Shopan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 11:00pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

what "other nerfs" they nerfed her heal and buffed everything else

These nerfs:
Quoted:

Pounce
May now be affected by Cooldown Reduction
Cooldown increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds
Primal Surge

Mana cost adjusted to 60/80/100/120/140 from 65/70/75/80/85
Base heal adjusted to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/90/120/150/180
Ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.25

Aspect of the Cougar now grants 10/15/20 armor and magic resistance instead of 10% Dodge

The pounce and aspect of cougar changes make it significantly hard to escape b'ding significantly (every 3rd pounce could have been 4, and she loses dodge speed buff). Without heal, backdooring is really her strongest point. Ask most Nidalee players, and they'll tell you that they'd much rather have kept aspect of the cougar and related abilities the same than have them "buffed", if only for the pounce. Javelin toss makes little difference in teamfights, because Nidalee should have blue to be useful in constant poking. The only difference is in lane, where Nidalee usually would refrain from throwing spears, anyway.
Keels
<Editor>
Keels's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 11:40pm | Report
Wtf, Nid is still great... awesome poke, only got hurt on her OP as **** sustain.

I don't care about my rep, but you can +rep if you want to.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide