Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Olaf, what the.... Fudge?

Creator: Dante Rebellion January 28, 2011 2:28am
1 2
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2011 2:28am | Report
Its been a while since I have played olaf, and I usually built him tanky.. But recently i tried out olaf again, and it just felt different..

I felt horrible and underpowered, having horribly boring scores like: 1-1-1 or... 2-7-6... Basically: **** scores.

Strangely I havnt been against a olaf lately, and im wondering if its just me, or is olaf nerfed?

so here are the questions:

How do you build Olaf?
Any helpful tips?
Comments on olaf, has he been nerfed?

Just a simple thread, giving me and maybe other olaf players some insight and advice :D!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2011 7:59am | Report
Hes been nerfedbut I don't think he's any differed from the last time I played him re and postnerf. I build him the way my guide plays, super farmy.

Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2011 11:22pm | Report
I agree with B-Wong, quite a bit of farming is necessary.
They reduced base damage on his skills and increased his scaling so if your building tanky, warmogs/atma's is a must imo.

Out of curiosity, what build are you using?
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2011 3:19pm | Report
Their are three items I think Olaf should always have:

Frozen Mallet- scales so well with him. Gives him nice damage output, a slow for chasing, and survivability with hit points.

Atma's Impaler- if you are building him correctly you will have a large hit point pool. Atma's allows you to abuse this to the fullest.

Youmuu's Ghostblade- any good player will kite Olaf. Youmuu allows him to get in range which he needs so badly. He needs to lock them down with Undertow and Frozen mallet in order to do his damage. Ghostblade allows him to do this extremely well. Also gives him cooldown reduction in order to spam reckless swing more.

Also, Olaf should always be jungling. Any decent player will shut him down in lane especially with undertow rework. He has no way to counter harass well. He has huge mana issues making last hitting that much harder. Any good player knows not to get in range of reckless swing. If Olaf lanes he will be under farm against any good duo. The only time he does well is if he is paired with a good babysitter character like Janna.

Hope this helps.

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2011 3:31pm | Report
No Stark's?
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2011 3:39pm | Report

No Stark's?

Not necessary

Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2011 12:18am | Report

No Stark's?

Between his faster attack speed the lower his life, Wriggle's Lantern, and Tough It Out I don't see a point in having starks except as maybe an end game item to help your team if you have no problem surviving/killing in a team fight.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2011 4:45am | Report
mmm looks like Karma is a *****. I used to hate jungle Olaf and thought olaf was much better in the lane, and well to me he used to me... But now I really find him lacking and I think ill be forced to Jungle with him, if I want to succeed with him.

Considereth its time i stalk your guide :D!

Zeprido I have been using "Olaf Maximize dmg & survability" with a few tweaks

and B-Wong sorry bro, your build isnt really working for me anymore ;(, I just feel like theres a huge gap in lifesteal (which is an item I have grown to love), and well Vicious strikes is just not enough
TcelesBHsup
<Member>
TcelesBHsup's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 1:20pm | Report
As a pretty pure jungler I have been trying to move away from olaf but I just get fantastic numbers with him every time, so I keep using him in ranked.

I used to do warmogs atma's etc. but I've found what I do now to be very useful.

1. Vampiric scepter
2. boots of mobility
3. Start atmas
4. Build health
5. Alternative attack item
6. Finish atmas
7. group buff/debuffs.

1./2.I start jungling with a Vampiric scepter, and run from little golem to enemy wraith through big golem in one run. That gives me enough cash for boots of mobility + 5 wards.

3. Start atmas, if I am taking a lot of hits or "guarding" towers I take chain vest, if I am ganking or pushing I take cloak of agility.

4. By this point I need health so I usually grab a giants belt. It helps me defend better and lets build up health from watching other lanes. I push constantly in empty lanes, but between high health, boots of mobility and ult can can get out of danger and into group fights quickly.

5. Alternative attack item- If I am mainly pushing I will sometimes build tiamat, especially if the opponents tend to group up. If we are chasing them a lot I will build Frozen Mallet, and if they are particularly squishy I will build sunfire cape. Often I will skip this or grab null magic mantle if I need to.

6. now finish up atmas for AD

7. Now I look at group and decide what we need, lately it's been randuins omen mainly for the active. But Starks is good since you have Vampiric Scepter still kicking around from jungling, or sometimes I 'll build that into a Black cleaver. Occasionally I'll do souls shroud if I think our team benefits from the cdr, but usually I will have bought damage mitigation earlier in the game for the extra slots, like a BV or w/e.

oops that was longer than I expected.. sorry

edit: punctuation
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 5:22am | Report
Old thread revived! hmm its interesting that you play ranked jungle olaf, I always thought it was very very risky, considering you will be floating around with low health...

As for him jungling, I have changed my mind again, I find him faaar too unstable to jungle, he is fast but against competent opponents his ganks and jungle will not work out too well..

I prefer to build him full out DPS now, wrecking people with his damage output :D!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide